Wednesday, April 22, 2020, 8:30 am PDT
Like the rest of the world, the synthetic biology industry is undergoing a pivot during this unprecedented time. If there’s a silver lining to the pandemic, it’s pushing us all to change how we do things—and that’s for the best, because normal wasn’t good enough. Join host John Cumbers and a panel of distinguished guests as we take a look at how the pandemic reveals who is swimming naked, the things that matter, and how life will never be the same. Topics will range from supply chains and biomanufacturing to climate change and science policies to the changing workforce and building a more equitable, sustainable economy.
- Esther Dyson, Chairman of EDventure Holdings and Executive Founder of Wellville
- Drew Endy, Stanford University
- Steven L. Kwast, Lt Gen (Ret), Chief Global Officer & President of Genesis Systems, LLC
- Karen Watson, Strategic Communications Consultant and former advisor to Michelle Obama
- Nishan Degnarain, Visiting Professor at London School of Economics and Member of WEF’s Global Expert Network