Inscripta was founded in 2015 and recently launched the world’s first benchtop Digital Genome Engineering platform. The company’s advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, reagents, and software, offers a fully automated workflow that enables multiplexed, trackable editing of cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta’s mission is to enable scientists to realize the full potential of biology. The company is growing aggressively, investing in its leadership, team, and technology. Due to rapid growth and recent commercialization, Inscripta has an opening for a Scientist/Senior Scientist in the Applications Development team located in Boulder, Colorado.
As a member of the Applications Development team, the Scientist/Senior Scientist will be an early user of the Inscripta Onyx platform, applying our genome engineering capabilities to develop novel research programs in E. coli, yeast, and other microbes. We are seeking a diverse candidate to work in a collaborative group to leverage our technology for use in applications to improving human health and therapeutics. The Scientist/Sr. Scientist will work closely with internal and external collaborators on cross-functional teams to generate high-quality data across multiple projects.
- Design, build, and test novel microbial genome engineering applications centered on addressing disease and human health leveraging microbial systems.
- Collaborate with biotech, pharmaceutical, and academic partners to aid in developing new microbial experimental systems.
- Design controlled experiments for data acquisition, analysis, and interpretation.
- Organize generated strain pools and experimental data for internal and external presentations.
- Provide workflow feedback and voice of customer to guide the product development team.
Desired Experience and Capabilities:
- PhD in genetics, microbiology, molecular biology, or related field with 3+ years of relevant postdoctoral or industry experience is required.
- High level of organization, efficiency, and attention to detail.
- Commitment to improve process and efficiency.
- Experience with yeast and/or microbial-based production systems in the therapeutics field is preferred.
- Experience with NGS and/or laboratory automation is preferred.
- Experience with data analysis, visualization, and interpretation is preferred.
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package, 401k match and an attractive equity program to all team members. Base Salary Range: $90,000 to $140,000 per year. Base salary range provided per current averages and expectations. The salary and job title for this opening will be based on the selected candidate’s qualifications and experience and may be outside this range. Join us and work with a cutting-edge organization creating cutting edge technology. At Inscripta we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our innovation, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace because the more inclusive we are as a company, the better our work will be. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with offices in Pleasanton and San Diego, CA. This position is located in our Boulder headquarters.