Imagine a world where debilitating diseases can be cured through a one-time treatment regardless of a person’s geographic location, closing the gap on the healthcare disparities that discriminate against those without access to a cure for their disease.
Imagine you are an instrumental member of an unstoppable, collaborative team that challenges the status quo to make things happen and are supported by a company culture that holds trust, authenticity, and team member development at its center to ensure the focus is on patients who are waiting for therapy.
We are seeking an energetic and motivated Scientist to join our research and development team. In this role, you will apply your deep knowledge of gene regulation to design and create optimized therapeutic gene expression cassettes for all disease indications and exploratory work with the company platform. You will work collaboratively with our vector platform group and all biology groups to drive progress of the overall portfolio, while continuing to develop our overall technology platform. This position will initially report to the Vice President, Gene Therapy Platform and join a team of scientists dedicated to creating novel gene therapy drug candidates and advancing into the clinic. Join us and be part of a company revolutionizing the reach and access of the curative power of genomic medicines for patients with serious diseases.
- Apply their deep technical knowledge of multiple aspects of gene regulation to design cell-specific expression cassettes for genes of interest and/or genome modification tools, including potentially silencing in non-target cells/tissues.
- Design and clone fusion proteins as well as native protein sequences for next generation gene therapy candidates, optimized for function and expression.
- Work collaboratively with biology groups to assess performance and implement improvements.
- Actively collaborate with vector platform and all biology groups within R&D as well as CMC/manufacturing and business development to advance programs and develop overall platform.
- PhD in molecular biology, biochemistry, synthetic biology or relevant biological sciences
- 0-4 years of post-doctoral experience in biotech/pharmaceutical industry or academic setting
- Gene therapy or gene editing experience preferred, including working knowledge of state-of-the-art technologies utilized in the field. Experience in modified cell therapies a plus
- Strong technical background with standard laboratory methods, including molecular biology and cloning; virus handling and production; PCR; ELISA; intracellular staining; western blotting; mammalian tissue culture; DNA transfection and viral transduction
- Ability to productively collaborate in cross-function teams
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to adapt to new and fast paced environment and navigate uncertainties
- Excellent interpersonal communication and written skills for presentations, electronic notebook and report writing
Ensoma is a genomic medicine company pioneering a next-generation in vivo approach. Ensoma’s Engeniousä vectors are designed to deliver a diverse range of gene modification technologies directly to hematopoietic stem cells circulating in the blood without the need for stem cell collection or prior myeloablative conditioning, such as chemotherapy. As a result, Ensoma’s therapies can be delivered in a single dose in a diverse range of settings, including outpatient and settings where access to sophisticated healthcare systems may be limited.