Ginkgo Bioworks was founded by world-renowned computer scientist Tom Knight (center) along with MIT biological engineering PhDs Austin Che, Reshma Shetty, Jason Kelly (a featured speaker at SynBioBeta SF 2015), and Barry Canton (left to right). Ginkgo Bioworks, a symbol of automated organism engineering within the synthetic biology community, announced today…
Introduction to Synthetic Biology is a new course conceptualized and written by Dr. Josh Gilmore and Dr. John Cumbers. The course provides an interactive class for teaching synthetic biology to non-experts. The course is written for tech-professionals in other fields such as computer science, to learn about the growing power of biology to perform useful tasks and make high value products from drugs to spiders silk. We focus on analyzing the similarities and differences in our fields of study to make these lessons accessible, inspirational, and memorable.
- .@Amyris Achieves Breakthrough Performance With 2nd Fragrance Molecule Ready for Industrial Scale: https://t.co/rvuBWMiVv4 #synbio
- RT @jrkelly: The best industrial synbio conference by a mile. Last day for early bird reg. https://t.co/KEAcJE2VvH
- Early bird reg. for #SBBSF15 ends today! Tell your friends so they can get their registration at the reduced rate: https://t.co/veWqcCozxx
- RT @EUSynBioS: Up to networking with #synbio industry leaders in the Bay Area ? Don't miss #SBBSF15 - Early Bird Registration ends today! @SynBioBeta
- RT @emigal: If u're into synthetic bio, my friend @johncumbers is organising @SynBioBeta, probably the best event in the field: http://t.co/k8eyyQiXa7