Research Associate – Molecular Microbiology: bioMASON, Research Triangle Park, NC
Date: September 19, 2018
bioMASON® is a unique biotechnology start-up manufacturing company with a natural process that will revolutionize the building and construction industry. bioMASON® employs microorganisms and chemical processes to manufacture biological cement-based masonry building materials in ambient temperatures.
bioMASON® is dedicated to finding talented, multi-faceted, hard-working, and passionate people to join our innovative team. We are a young start-up seeking to make a massive impact on carbon emissions. bioMASON® believes in a fast-paced, creative working environment that fosters collaboration and innovation unhindered by traditional boundaries.
The company appeals to self-directed, flexible teammates who embrace ambiguity, learn quickly, possess interpersonal skills, and seek to test ideas through rapid iteration. An insatiable curiosity about biocement™, design sensibilities, and customer empathy is required. The work often requires more than 40 hours per week including occasional nights and weekends.
bioMASON is seeking a Research Associate, responsible for executing molecular biology techniques to forward several strain engineering initiatives as part of bioMASON®’s contract research group. This position reports to the Synthetic Biologist.
– Bachelor Degree, Master’s preferred, in Molecular Biology, Biological Sciences, Biotechnology, or a related field of study.
– Minimum 2 years relevant work experience in an academic or research biotechnology laboratory.
Responsibilities, Tasks and Outcomes:
– Execution of molecular biology techniques (PCR, molecular cloning, recombineering, etc.)
– Setup, configuration, operation, and maintenance of bioreactor fermentation systems and benchtop laboratory assay equipment including microplate readers.
– Data collection, organization, analysis, and internal dissemination.
– Thorough documentation of process parameters and experiments.
– Performing other duties assigned by your supervisor
Required Skills and Interests:
– Technical expertise and interest in molecular biology and microbiology.
– Experience with base molecular biology techniques (PCR, gel electrophoresis, restriction enzyme digest, ligation, bacterial cell transfection and selection, etc.)
– Experience with bacterial growth platforms (microwell plates, shake flasks, benchtop bioreactors).
– Understanding of electrochemistry, photometric analysis, and plating techniques.
– Demonstrable data collection, records management, and analysis skills.
– Ability to work on small team under tight deadlines
The Candidate Must Be:
– Organized and possess excellent attention to detail
– Creative, flexible, proactive, punctual, and persistent
– A team player
– Able to Self-Manage
– Comfortable with a demanding fast-paced work environment and able to excel in a growing environment
bioMASON Employees Must Possess:
– Integrity and Honesty
– Passion and Motivation
– Analytical Skills
– Intelligence and Aptitude
Must have reliable transportation to the RTP area.
Please send your resume and fully completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the heading “Research Associate – Molecular Microbiology”.
The bioMASON® Career application may be found on bioMASON®’s website, under the “Career” tab
bioMASON®, Inc. takes affirmative actions as an equal opportunity employer to attract, promote, and retain the most fully qualified candidates without regard to race, creed, religion, color, citizenship status, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, predisposing genetic characteristics, genetic information, marital status, status as a domestic violence victim, arrest record, disability, military status, disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces Service Medal veteran, other protected veteran or other characteristic as protected by law.