Join our team of talented writers and columnists
SynBioBeta seeks a few great writers/columnists to help build a world-class content team in synthetic biology. Writers will be assigned specific topics for 500- to 750-word articles about people, companies, technology and trends in synthetic biology. Our audience is largely innovators and entrepreneurs in the field, but technical concepts should be clear enough for the interested public to understand and enjoy. Our columnists will also be encouraged to develop personally meaningful content of original voice and perspective.
We have a large, highly engaged audience, which is a great platform for professional growth and exposure. We offer competitive market rates for your work, based on length, depth, and quality of your work. This is a strong opportunity for regular or even full-time engagement.
If you’re interested in joining our team, please visit the SynBioBeta writer/columnist opportunity form to share a few things with us:
- Two samples of your work that more or less fit this description above. The specific topic isn’t as important as the quality of content and voice.
- A two-three sentence description of the first story you would like to write at SynBioBeta. The story should relate to one or more of these key themes (more info here):
- Bio meets tech
- Food & agriculture
- The bioeconomy culture
- Energy & environment
- Biopharma & health
- The bio-industrial revolution
Here are some specific story ideas we have to give you a flavor for what we’re going for:
- Can biomaterials compete with petroleum-based plastics in auto manufacturing?
- Vegan pet food: A billion-dollar idea?
- Can a scientist run for Congress?
- Three ways in which Ginkgo is changing biotech culture
- Codexis is disrupting these three industries
- DNA data storage: Why the future will be written in DNA