AbSci is a growth stage synthetic biology company located in a new, state-of-the art laboratory in downtown Vancouver, WA, just across the river from Portland, OR. AbSci is a global leader and innovator of revolutionary biomanufacturing technologies, designing and programming cells for next-generation biopharmaceuticals. Our Protein Printing™ technology results in dramatic reductions in the cost of producing biologics, acceleration of drug discovery timelines, and enables the production of previously difficult or impossible-to-produce molecules.
It’s an exciting time of growth for AbSci and we are looking to add a Technical Program Manager to our team to help our Operations team increase the effectiveness and efficiencies of handoffs throughout our workflows. The ultimate goal is to impact our operations and make them run more smoothly. We are scaling very quickly and how we operate is constantly evolving so the Project Management Associate has the opportunity to directly influence how the company operates and functions.
In this highly visible and cross-functional role, Technical Program Manager will work with scientific and technical teams in the planning and execution of project(s) having an internal focus from initiation through delivery.
- You will organize activities across different groups, ensuring completion of the project within scope and schedule requirements and also help plan and direct new workflow implementation efforts.
- You will report to the Director of Technical Operations and work to support our scientific strategy by planning activities, tracking activities and holding stakeholders accountable to project tasks.
- Work with stakeholders and scientific leadership to understand failure modes and implement corrective actions while working to build a system where operational activities are increasingly automatic and seamless.
- Simultaneously balance activities between multiple projects of various scope.
- Identify areas of improvement, facilitate ideas and implement solutions.
- Track all activities using project management software; use technology to foster better communication between teams in business processes and experimental handoffs.
- BS/PhD Degree in a Science related field and 2+ years experience in a biotech related field or equivalent technical work experience
- Working knowledge of project management software (MS Project, Asana, SmartSheet, etc.)
- Familiar with workflows involving: cloning, strain engineering, high-throughput screening, fermentation, protein purification, and analytical chemistry
- Pro-active mentality and track record of facilitating teams through the resolution of challenges related to business processes or scientific workflows.
Huge plus (but not required):
- Any kind of project management training
- In-depth or hands-on experience with Asana or other project management software
- Any in-depth experience in one (or more) areas in the workflows mentioned.
We seek candidates with a passion for building a creative company culture that is collaborative, multidisciplinary, and committed to make a transformative impact in our industry. To be successful in this role, we look for passion in technology innovation, adept technical skills, and excitement about working in a dynamic startup environment. A demonstrable track record of success in functioning as part of a project team is essential.