Inscripta is developing the world’s first scalable platform for benchtop digital genome engineering. The company’s advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, reagents, and software, will offer a fully automated workflow that enables multiplexed, trackable editing of cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta’s goal is to empower scientists whose gene editing research is stifled by current technical and licensing limitations. By providing this unique platform and engaging in collaborative business practices, such as making its MAD7 CRISPR nuclease free for research purposes, the company enables scientists to realize a new era of biological discovery. Due to rapid growth, Inscripta has an opening for a Technical & Marketing Writer. The position is based in our Boulder, CO headquarters.
Inscripta is searching for a talented Technical & Marketing Writer who will have the primary responsibility for writing and editing technical and promotional content. You must have a bachelor’s degree in the life sciences, but an advanced degree is strongly preferred. A candidate with a proven track record in creating compelling, customer-centric content is needed to help launch our CRISPR-based genome engineering platform. You will work very closely with Commercial Operations colleagues, Product Development and Applications Development teams. You will be the first internal writer hired at the company and an integral part of the Marketing team.
- Writes and edits marketing material (document, video, blog, website, presentation)
- Plan, develop, organize, write and edit technical user manual.
- Assists with technical publishing such as scientific publication, white paper, app note, tech note.
- Collaborate with Sales and Support teams to develop multimedia presentation.
- Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and document.
- Maintain and update style guidelines for text and illustration.
- Mange updates and revisions to technical and marketing document.
Required Educational Background and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, or related disciplines. Advanced degree strongly preferred.
- 5 years’ relevant professional experience, preferably including biological laboratory research experience
- 2 years’ experience in technical and/or marketing Tech Writer position
Required Skills and Experience:
- Excellent oral and written skills in English with native/bilingual proficiency
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly organized and able to successfully manage simultaneously numerous projects of various sizes
- Strong attention to detail
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Project management training/experience.
- Experience with formal document development and review and document control processes.
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package and stock options to all team members. Join us and work with a great team of people developing the world’s first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. At Inscripta we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our innovation, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace because the more inclusive we are as a company, the better our work will be. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with offices in Pleasanton and San Diego, CA. This position is located within our Boulder headquarters.