Inscripta is developing the world’s first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. The company’s advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, reagents, and software, will offer a fully automated workflow that enables multiplexed, trackable editing of cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta’s goal is to empower scientists whose gene editing research is stifled by current technical and licensing limitations. By providing this unique platform and engaging in collaborative business practices, such as making its MAD7 CRISPR nuclease free for research purposes, the company enables scientists to realize a new era of biological discovery. Due to rapid growth Inscripta has an opening for a System Integration Scientist to develop the next generation of DNA editing tools. This position will be located in our Pleasanton, California office.
We are looking for an outstanding System Integration Scientist to drive CRISPR-based DNA editing projects. This individual will innovate in areas of assay development, process optimization, and product automation. Essential aspects of this position include: project leadership, troubleshooting, innovative solutions, design and execution of informative experiments, and superior data analysis. The right candidate will enthusiastically leverage their creativity, and research experience to build an industry-leading genetic-engineering platform in a highly innovative, team-oriented, fast-paced R&D environment.
• Provide scientific leadership in a technical team that is building a high-throughput, automated, genetic-engineering platform
• Execute complex, highly multiplexed experiments
• Develop robust assays and system modules with simple, elegant workflows that are compatible with automation
• Perform molecular biology techniques: PCR, genetic-engineering, and robotic liquid handling
• Conduct detailed data analysis and provide recommendations based on technical results
• Maintain detailed experimental records
• Present clear and concise written and oral communications to colleagues and supervisors
• Demonstrated record of innovation in molecular or cellular biology
• At least 3 years of direct experience with molecular biology techniques such as: PCR, qPCR, nucleic acid purification, genome editing, and microbe manipulation
• Experience converting prototype devices into fully automated modules and instruments
• Familiarity with next generation sequencing, sequencing library preparation, and other genomic platforms
• Desire to work in a team environment and collaborate closely with other cross-functional and geographically distributed teams
• Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced startup environment
• Ph.D. in molecular biology, bioengineering, or a related discipline
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package and stock options to all team members. Join us and work with a great team of people developing the world’s first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with offices in Pleasanton and San Diego, CA. This position is located in our Pleasanton, CA office.