Helaina is a fast-paced startup looking for intensely passionate people excited about advancing synthetic biology for food and beverage products. If you fit this profile, keep reading.
Helaina is committed to the health of infants and their parents. We are revolutionizing infant nutrition through synthetic biology, and we are looking for the right synthetic biologist to join us.
You will serve as our main synthetic biologist, developing systems for dynamically controlling pathway expression in yeast. Design, modeling, strain construction, strain characterization, protocol development, and exploratory research will be necessary. You will play a pivotal role in Helaina’s product development research team. Your role will be not only to work on product development, but you will also help to shape our product roadmap and establish milestones for development.
· Work in close collaboration with the team to conceive, plan, design and successfully complete projects.
· Prepare technical reports, quantitative analyses, protocols and scientific presentations.
· Maintain an in-depth knowledge of advances in synthetic biology and yeast strain engineering.
· Work independently and with fellow team members to develop a prototype
· May also be expected to supervise Research Assistants
· There will remain significant opportunity to participate in many other aspects of Helaina’s business development
· Energetic, creative, and motivated
· Self-starting and unafraid of solving challenging problems
· Ph.D. or Masters (with >2 years of relevant experience) with an emphasis on synthetic biology or yeast metabolic engineering
· Proficient with genetic engineering bench work
· Demonstrated success in technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaborations with others
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to deliver on projects and assignments within timeframes and budgets.
· Experience performing research and technology development in an industrial or startup setting
Helaina is an Equal Opportunity Employer