Bondi Bioworks applies advanced biological engineering to produce high-value Natural Products
We are an ambitious genetic engineering start-up seeking an outstanding candidate for the role of Strain Engineer / Molecular Biologist. As a highly-motivated individual, you will specialise in growth, manipulation and characterisation of a range of cyanobacterial species, as well as pathway design and metabolic engineering of novel cyanobacterial strains. You will tackle a variety of challenges as an integral part of the new team, and demonstrate a high degree of flexibility, creativity, and initiative. You will be adaptable, work well collaboratively, and be able to thrive in a start-up environment.
- Work closely with the CTO & other Bondi team-members to establish the company’s DNA design & assembly workflow and strain-engineering pipeline.
- Design, construct, test, & optimise biosynthetic pathways using the latest metabolic engineering & synthetic biology tools.
- Apply knowledge of cyanobacterial physiology, biochemistry, & metabolism to improve yields & productivity of engineered strains.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary scientific team to implement experimental plans & achieve project goals.
- Contribute to the company’s intellectual property (IP) portfolio & assist on preparation of patent applications.
Education & Experience
- Ph.D. in Bioengineering, Synthetic Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or closely-related area.
- Expert in synthetic biology & microorganism design; hands-on experience with the latest genetic engineering tools, including multi-fragment DNA assembly, cloning, pathway assembly, & chromosomal manipulation essential.
- Previous experience engineering cyanobacteria significantly advantageous.
- Direct experience with automated strain-engineering platforms advantageous.
- Natural Product biosynthesis experience advantageous.
Commensurate with experience.
Equity possibilities for outstanding candidates