Inscripta is developing the world’s first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. The company’s advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, reagents, and software, will offer a fully automated workflow that enables multiplexed, trackable editing of cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta’s goal is to empower scientists whose gene editing research is stifled by current technical and licensing limitations. By providing this unique platform and engaging in collaborative business practices, such as making its MAD7 CRISPR nuclease free for research purposes, the company enables scientists to realize a new era of biological discovery. Due to rapid growth Inscripta has an opening for a Staff Scientist position located in Boulder, CO.
As a Staff Scientist in the Mammalian Cell Biology Group at Inscripta, you will be working with colleagues to establish novel technologies for genome targeting and cell engineering that will directly impact the scope and power of our platform. The ideal candidate will provide deep technical knowledge and expertise in high-throughput functional genomics and implementation of genome engineering tools. In this role, you will be a leader in bringing new and innovative technologies and processes to market and will be responsible for planning, executing and reporting on experiments from a multidisciplinary team. This is a full-time position located at our headquarters in Boulder, CO.
- Employ expertise in CRISPR-based editing and associated cellular DNA repair mechanisms to design, test, and improve editing approaches.
- Drive creativity and efficiency on our high-throughput functional genomics platforms.
- Develop assays, methods, and tools that elucidate in vivo cellular mechanisms.
- Design and execute pooled screens with highly multiplexed libraries.
- Identify innovative solutions to solve key scientific challenges required for program success.
- Foster scientific excellence in experimental design, execution, and analysis.
- Demonstrate integrity, positivity, and a team-oriented attitude and motivate others to do the same.
- PhD in scientific discipline with 8+ yrs post PhD experience (with 4+ of those years in an industry setting required).
- Direct and extensive experience working with genome editing tools in mammalian cells, including primary human cells, in high-throughput context.
- Technical depth in cell and molecular biology, including knowledge of genome integrity and mechanisms that promote mammalian genome stability.
- Cell-based assay development experience to characterize human primary immune cells or human pluripotent stem cells, including multicolor flow cytometry and qPCR.
- Direct experience with liquid handling and automation.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced research environment with minimal direction, and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to present effectively to teams with diverse backgrounds.
- Experience with computational tools for analysis of biological data using a general-purpose programming language (such as Python, R or Matlab) preferred.
- Experience with single cell genomic, transcriptomic, or proteomic analyses is a plus.
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package and stock options to all team members. Join us and work with a great team of people developing the world’s first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. At Inscripta we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our innovation, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace because the more inclusive we are as a company, the better our work will be. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with offices in Pleasanton and San Diego, CA. This position is located at our Boulder, CO headquarters.