Inscripta is developing the world’s first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. The company’s advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, reagents, and software, will offer a fully automated workflow that enables multiplexed, trackable editing of cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta’s goal is to empower scientists whose gene editing research is stifled by current technical and licensing limitations. By providing this unique platform and engaging in collaborative business practices, such as making its MAD7 CRISPR nuclease-free for research purposes, the company enables scientists to realize a new era of biological discovery. Due to rapid growth Inscripta has an opening for a Staff Scientist – Enzyme Engineering located in Pleasanton, CA.
The Enzyme Engineering Staff Scientist will be responsible for the discovery and optimization of the enzymes that drive innovation at Inscripta. Enzyme optimization will utilize rapid Design – Build – Test – Learn cycles that are driven by data infrastructure and laboratory automation. This is an exciting opportunity to build capability and technology from the ground up.
- Develop genome editing systems in various cell types including mammalian cell culture
- Use structural biology tools and protein structure modeling to design proteins and variant libraries
- Develop and execute novel phenotypic assays that may leverage Next-gen sequencing technologies
- Build and manage a data pipeline to track experimental samples and draw statistically significant conclusions from large data sets
- Communicate across the organization to understand enzyme engineering requirements and deliver valuable improvements
- Ph.D. in a life sciences related discipline and at least 6 years of relevant industry experience
- Strong background in molecular biology and enzymology with an emphasis on enzyme engineering
- Broad knowledge base of enzyme activities related to DNA modification or genome engineering
- Experience with molecular modeling and visualization tools such as Swiss-model, Rosetta and PyMol
- Familiarity with data analysis scripting tools such as Python or Matlab
- Experience with laboratory automation is desirable but not a requirement
- Desire to work in a team environment and collaborate closely with other cross-functional teams
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced startup environment
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package and stock options to all team members. Join us and work with a great team of people developing the world’s first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with offices in Pleasanton and San Diego, CA. This position is located in our Pleasanton, CA location.