Inscripta was founded in 2015 and recently launched the world’s first benchtop Digital Genome Engineering platform. The company is growing aggressively, investing in its leadership, team, and technology with a recent $150mm financing round led by Fidelity and TRowe price. The company’s advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, reagents, and software, offers a fully automated workflow that enables multiplexed, trackable editing of cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta’s mission is to enable scientists to realize the full potential of biology. Due to rapid growth and recent commercialization, Inscripta has an opening for a Staff Mechanical Engineer located in Pleasanton, CA.
Staff Mechanical Engineer will take a lead role in overall mechanical design of complex life science products consisting of custom hardware and consumables.
- Design, develop, prototype, and test mechanical systems that include motion, fluidics, pneumatics, sheet metal, machined and molded components etc.
- Take a lead role in guiding the design of the overall system and integrating sub-systems designed by internal and external Engineers.
- Collaborate with a diverse cross-functional team (biology, software, firmware, applications etc.) to define and refine instrument.
- Create quick prototypes and breadboard mockups to determine best design approach
- Perform tests, collect data to help troubleshoot and evolve designs
- Design and develop test fixtures to validate reliability
- Produce mechanical design documentation, in support of releasing new products into manufacturing.
- Communicate effectively with a cross-functional team consisting of engineers and scientists
- BS in Mechanical Engineering.
- 15+ years of experience mechanical design experience. At least 5 of those in life science industry.
- Proficient in SolidWorks
- Extensive knowledge of manufacturing techniques, machining, welding, injection molding.
- Good understanding of GD&T tolerancing.
- Basic programming experience in Python or similar a plus.
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package, 401k match and an attractive equity program to all team members. Base Salary Range: $150,000 to $180,000 per year. Base salary range provided per current averages and expectations. The salary and job title for this opening will be based on the selected candidate’s qualifications and experience and may be outside this range. Join us and work with a cutting edge organization creating cutting edge technology. At Inscripta we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our innovation, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace because the more inclusive we are as a company, the better our work will be. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with offices in Pleasanton and San Diego, CA. This position is located in our Pleasanton location.