Inscripta is developing the world’s first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. The company’s advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, reagents, and software, will offer a fully automated workflow that enables multiplexed, trackable editing of cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta’s goal is to empower scientists whose gene editing research is stifled by current technical and licensing limitations. By providing this unique platform and engaging in collaborative business practices, such as making its MAD7 CRISPR nuclease free for research purposes, the company enables scientists to realize a new era of biological discovery. Due to rapid growth Inscripta has an opening for a Staff Engineer, Process Development located in San Diego, CA.
We are looking for a self-driven and talented candidate to join our Process Development and Technology Transfer team. This individual shall provide technical leadership for manufacturing process development, new product introduction, and manufacturing support. Additionally, this person will partner cross-functionally with R&D, Engineering, Manufacturing, and Finance to accomplish company and project goals.
Provide technical leadership to define, develop, characterize, optimize, and transfer consumables processes and products to manufacturing.
Solve challenging, interdisciplinary technical problems at the interface of biology, chemistry and material science.
Design and execute controlled experiments to optimize manufacturing processes, quality, cost, and throughput. Drive implementation of solutions into manufacturing to meet company and project goals.
Define, source, install, and qualify manufacturing equipment in support of manufacturing process and product volume requirements.
Work with external suppliers to define raw material specifications and optimize raw material performance.
Define technical and operational process requirements. Translate technical requirements to define and document manufacturing specifications, procedures, and controls.
Represent Operations’ needs on development teams and other cross-functional teams.
- B.S./M.S./PhD in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Bioengineering, or Biotechnical Engineering with at least 6 years of relevant industry experience or PhD in Biology or Molecular Biology with at least 6 years of relevant industry experience is required.
- Work experience in the biotech, life sciences, pharmaceutical or semiconductor industries is desirable.
- Experience with molecular biology or next generation sequencing is a plus.
- Demonstrated abilities in consumables manufacturing process development and technology transfer to manufacturing are required.
- Experience with statistics including comparative analyses, DOE techniques, process capability, and Statistical Process Control are required.
- Demonstrated ability to solve challenging, interdisciplinary technical challenges is required.
- Intermediate software programming, scripting, and lab automation skills are a plus.
- Strong interdepartmental communication, influence, and documentation skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to accomplish goals while working across departments is required.
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package and stock options to all team members. Join us and work with a great team of people developing the world’s first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. At Inscripta we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our innovation, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace because the more inclusive we are as a company, the better our work will be. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with offices in Pleasanton and San Diego, CA. This position is located in our San Diego, CA location.