Conagen Inc. is a leader in cutting-edge bio-manufacturing. We engineer organisms to produce high-value molecules that are essential to our well-being. Our focus is on food, nutrition, pharmaceuticals, and renewable materials. We employ the latest synthetic biology tools to design metabolic pathways and produce safe and high-quality products. Science and innovation are the driving forces of our mission. We believe in a green future.
Location: Bedford, MA
Job Type: Full-time
Compensation: Commensurate with skills and experience
Job Description Overview:
We are currently seeking a scientist to support projects related to development of high-throughput screening and selection technologies, including the use of in vivo and in vitro biosensors and related. The candidate is expected to have a strong background in molecular biology and recombinant DNA technologies. Strong technical, organizational, and communication skills are essential. Interest and ability to work in a fast-paced environment is desired.
- Participate in the development and implementation of screens and selections to support our strain development and process development groups.
- Routinely perform molecular biology techniques such as primer design, PCR, DNA and RNA extraction, DNA mutagenesis, DNA cloning, plasmid mini-prep, DNA sequence analysis, cell transformation, cell culture, and other more advanced molecular biology techniques in support of research projects.
- Utilize sequence analysis software such as Benchling or Geneious and basic bioinformatics tools such as BLAST.
- Work collaboratively with other team members to reach project goals.
- Track and document results in laboratory notebooks and databases.
- Analyze, summarize, and present experimental results to team leader and other team members.
- A Master’s or PhD degree in molecular biology or related field.
- 1-2 years relevant industrial experience highly preferred.
- Experience constructing and working with biosensors, fluorescence-assisted cell sorting (FACS) and/or microfluidic platforms a significant plus.
- Must be highly-motivated and able to work independently while also possessing exceptional communication and teamwork skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees’ differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status.
How to apply:
Commensurate with experience.
This position is not eligible for any type of visa sponsorship.
Cover letters and resumes will be accepted ONLY via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via Indeed.com.
Please do not contact the Company by phone until notified.