We are looking for an outstanding Sr. Field Support Specialist to ensure optimum instrument performance and continued customer success using Inscripta’s Digital Genome Engineering platform. This individual will provide excellent customer service and support to clients through the maintenance and repair of our genome engineering instrumentation. The right candidate will leverage superior customer management skills, technical background and training to perform service activities, including installations, maintenance, repairs, and other services of our instruments and systems within Life Science and Biotechnology laboratory environments.
- Serve as the frontline service and support lead to customers; perform instrument installation, training, troubleshooting, validation, maintenance, and repair using extensive technical expertise.
- Apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills to resolve customer issues within defined procedures and practices, taking action to rapidly analyze and repair instrumentation.
- Focus on customer needs and satisfaction, while building upon and enhancing the customer relationship to become a valued partner in their research and business goals.
- Operate independently in the assigned region and work collaboratively with other field specialists to share best practices, field observations and customer solutions.
- Maintain service records in a timely manner; order and install repair components. Document and report all repairs and product issues. Develop and execute regular preventative maintenance procedures.
- Drive service revenue sales targets; ensure strong contract retention and warranty conversion rates.
- Act as an internal customer advocate by communicating information and feedback between the customer, Sales, Marketing, Product Management, Applications and other departments.
- Provide guidance to and assist in the training/mentoring of newer specialists. Train with internal product teams to become the field expert/liaison for instrument-related questions or issues.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical or mechanical discipline, with 3+ years’ experience in supporting, diagnosing and repairing electronic and electromechanical equipment in the field.
- Proficiency in the service, support, operation and troubleshooting of sophisticated, high-throughput biological instrument platforms. Previous FSE experience is preferred.
- Ability to develop solutions to complex problems that require innovation and collaboration.
- Familiarity with graphical user interfaces and software for instrument operation, diagnosis and repair.
- Sharp customer focus and dedication; robust time management and organization skills.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills to effectively handle customer issues and work collaboratively in a team setting to support the efforts of Field Sales and Field Applications.
- Ability to learn quickly and work in a highly innovative, fast-paced startup environment, collaborating closely with other cross-functional and geographically-distributed teams.
- Avg. 30-40% overnight travel in the Western half of North America; this position can be based in/around any major West Coast city. Proximity to the greater San Francisco area is desirable.
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package and stock options to all team members. Join us and work with a great team of people developing the world’s first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with offices in Pleasanton and San Diego, CA. This position is a field-based position preferably based in/around the San Francisco area.