At Codexis, we are creating sustainable chemicals, pharmaceutical processes, and renewable ingredients that make industry more efficient, productive and profitable. Industrial biotechnology from Codexis reengineers enzymes and microorganisms – nature’s catalysts – and puts them to work to solve real global challenges for the world’s largest companies.
We are looking for a Software QA Engineer experienced in qualifying software to join our development team. The candidate will assess and test software that is being developed for reliability and robustness. The individual will be expected to become proficient in compiling the software and documenting the process. The candidate will work closely with our partners in the installation of our software in their preferred environment. This individual will document bugs in the software identified by internal and external customers and work with the software developers to resolve them.
Skills and Responsibilities:
- Knowledge of SQL databases, including but not limited to Oracle, PostgreSQL, and/or MySQL.
- Experience with user interface development using Swing, AWT, and/or JavaFX.
- Extensive experience in producing test strategies and test cases for evaluating software products.
- Responsible for producing software documentation and installation details.
- Is able to compile and build software suit from source code and manage different versions.
- Familiar with Docker.
- Capable of identifying bugs in the code.
- Experience working at a help desk and/or installing software at a customer site
- Experience using a bug tracker.
- Requires an Associates or BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related scientific or technical discipline.
- 5+ years of experience testing and evaluating software that will be deployed to customers.
- Exposure to Bioinformatics, Biology, Structural Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, or similar field. Alternatively or equivalent work experience.
- Solid programming experience in Java, C, or C++.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A team player that is comfortable collaborating with software developers.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Detail oriented and meticulous note taker
- Patient, with the ability to work through customer errors.
- Domestic and international travel required