SynBioBeta is hiring a part time social engagement manager. This opportunity is ideal for a science communicator with a strong affinity for creative online engagement. This position could be filled by a science writer looking to add a steady gig or a science/ sci-comm student looking to take on a part-time position. Time commitment: 20 hours per week. There is some flexibility with scheduling but it is strongly preferred that the right candidate be available via email no later than 8am PST.
SynBioBeta is the synthetic biology industry’s premier networking and media organization. We seek to create a community of innovators, entrepreneurs, investors, and thought leaders to build a better world with biology.
- Proven experience managing multiple social media accounts
- Proven ability to leverage individual social media platforms specific to their unique audiences
- Proven ability to engage and grow social media audiences
- Proven ability to optimize visual elements for social media including images, graphics, gifs, and memes
- Ability to write short scripts and/or explain key scientific concepts to general audiences
- Strong editorial skills including grammar, spelling, and style
- Strong understanding of synthetic biology, biotechnology, biology, or related field
- Knowledge of venture funding, investment, financing or related fields is preferred
Social Engagement Manager Responsibilities
- Craft posts for SynBiobeta’s social media platform (Note: Much of the news that SynBioBeta shares on social media will be researched by other members of the team. This position focused on creating engaging, written, and visual content such as graphics, gifs, and videos on Canva
- Work within SynBioBeta’s content management system
- Promptly respond to breaking news on social media
- Live-tweet SynBioBeta events as necessary including our weekly news show
- Respond to social media messages or comments in a timely manner
- Engage with social media audiences on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, and Clubhouse
- Adhere to SynBioBeta’s social media and brand guidelines
- Write short scripts for YouTube on fundamental concepts of synthetic biology (videos will be approx. 5 mins in length)
- Write brief synopsis of SynBioBeta articles as needed
- Work with the Digital Media Manager and Head of Marketing
- Reports to the Editor in Chief
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Please include “SOCIAL MANAGER” in the subject line.