Inscripta is developing the world’s first scalable platform for benchtop digital genome engineering. The company’s advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, reagents, and software, will offer a fully automated workflow that enables multiplexed, trackable editing of cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta’s goal is to empower scientists whose gene editing research is stifled by current technical and licensing limitations. By providing this unique platform and engaging in collaborative business practices, such as making its MAD7 CRISPR nuclease free for research purposes, the company enables scientists to realize a new era of biological discovery. Due to rapid growth, Inscripta has an opening for a Senior Technical & Marketing Writer. The position is in our Boulder, CO headquarters.
Inscripta is searching for a talented Senior Technical & Marketing Writer who will have the primary responsibility for writing and editing technical and promotional content. You must have a bachelor’s degree in the life sciences, but an advanced degree is strongly preferred. A candidate with a proven track record in creating compelling, customer-centric content is needed to help launch our CRISPR-based genome engineering platform. You will work very closely with Commercial Operations colleagues, Product Development and Applications Development teams, and advertising and PR agencies. You will manage freelance writers. You will be the first internal writer hired at the company and an integral part of the Marketing team.
- Writes and edits marketing materials
- Writes and edits technical publications. Assists with technical publishing.
- Creates content for internet-based communications
- Prepares multimedia presentations
- Selects graphics to be incorporated into literature
- Recruits and manages freelance writers as needed
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, or related disciplines. Advanced degree strongly preferred.
- 8 years’ relevant professional experience, preferably including biological laboratory research experience.
- 3 years’ experience in writing and editing technical and/or marketing material
- Excellent oral and written skills in English with native / bilingual proficiency
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly organized and able to successfully manage simultaneously numerous projects of various size
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Team lead or management experience
- Formal project management training
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package and stock options to all team members. Join us and work with a great team of people developing the world’s first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with offices in Pleasanton and San Diego, CA. This position is located in our Boulder, CO headquarters.