The Senior Software Engineer is a full-time position, to which you would devote all your professional effort. You would be responsible for the development of our customer facing production software, R&D software and may also participate in other corporate matters.
- Focus on development of feature enhancements and support of our web based Inscripta Engineering Portal (IEP)
- Development of new software and systems to support delivery of data to customers, internal R&D personnel and enterprise resource management systems using a variety of web-based programming tools
- Work with computational scientists to build software integration between platforms
- Assist in building and supporting SQL databases
- Collaboration with other developers on the team to improve software quality and improve overall systems architecture
- Support end-users in a 24/7 production environment as needed
- Such other matters as may be determined by yourself and the Company
We seek an individual with a successful track record who must be comfortable working in a start-up environment. The ideal candidate will have:
- 10+ years developing software in a full stack web-based environment
- Proficient with modern web server architecture using Java or C#
- Deep understanding of object-oriented principles and design as well as clean coding techniques
- Experience with modern java script front-end web frameworks like Angular, React.js or Vue.js
- Experience with HTML, CSS, and SaSS.
- Experience with RESTful API development
- Ability to demonstrate basic SQL database design and write moderately complex SQL queries; Experience with JPA and Hibernate a plus.
- Experience with distributed version control, preferably Git and Git-flow
- Experience using and contributing to improvement of CI and CD platform
- Ability and willingness to write/maintain unit tests to ensure software quality
- Strong bias for developing high quality, clean, highly performant, and responsive applications
- Experience, and/or willingness to work, in an agile environment
- Enjoys contributing to and working as part of a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner
- Strong math, logic, and problem-solving skills
- Prior experience working in life sciences or biotechnology is preferred
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering or relevant experience required
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package and stock options to all team members. Join us and work with a great team of people developing the world’s first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. At Inscripta we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our innovation, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace because the more inclusive we are as a company, the better our work will be. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with offices in Pleasanton and San Diego, CA. This position is available to a candidate that would like to work out of any one of our Inscripta offices or would like to work remotely from their home office.