Founded by two MIT scientists, CATALOG is the first company to have developed a solution to make DNA data storage commercially viable. The world currently faces a looming data storage problem, which DNA may hold the answer to. CATALOG’s DNA data storage solution is more reliable, sustainable, and transferable than conventional data storage methods, and could fit the world’s data into a coat closet. The company is based in Boston, MA.
You will develop software services core to our mission of building data storage for the future. You will write these systems with massive scale and modularity in mind, but also iterate quickly.
Potential areas of focus include:
- Building scalable, high-dimensionality data organization systems
- Ensuring very high data integrity in transit
- Integrating with external workflows using modular, secure interfaces
As an early member of the engineering team, you should be self-motivated and thrive in an environment with minimal structure. Ideally, you have worked at very early stage startups in the past and naturally take initiative in solving problems wherever you see them, while communicating readily with the rest of the team. We currently use Node and Python for early iterative development and C for high-performance portions of our stack, but will transition core services to other languages as we see fit; Scala and Go are likely candidates in the next year. We value diversity highly, as we believe it leads to better solutions more quickly, and seek candidates who will help build that into a robust development culture.
What you want:
- Dynamic sets of difficult problems
- Creative freedom
- Learning as part of your job
- Develop services for our data storage platform
- Review code
- Conceive of novel solutions to unique problems
- Proactively recognize needs and address them transparently
What we need:
- Clear interpersonal communication
- Experience balancing robustness and rapid iteration
- Someone who learns quickly
- Diverse problem-solving approaches
- Someone who meets deadlines in the face of challenges
- Experience with Node.js
What we want:
- 5+ years of experience
- Experience with Go or Scala
- Project leadership experience
- Experience with massive amounts of data
- Experience with data reliability
- Experience with search and indexing
A career at CATALOG will challenge you to work independently, think critically, and conquer new problems in an unexplored and groundbreaking field. If you are interested in joining us as we pioneer the future of digital data storage, please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com.