- Design, develop, optimize genomic assays for implementation on Volta’s proprietary digital fluidic platform.
- Lead the development and optimization of assays on multiple sample types for Illumina, ONT and PacBio Sequencing.
- Contribute to the management of projects through feasibility, development, and validation.
- Act as the subject matter expert and continuously drive product development through internal and external collaborations.
- PhD or MSc in cellular and/or molecular biology, genetics, biochemistry or a related discipline.
- 5+ of hands-on assay development experience in an academic lab or biotechnology / life sciences company.
- Hands-on experience in next-generation sequencing, e.g. Illumina, Oxford Nanopore or PacBio platforms with various sample types, including purified DNA, microbial, fresh and FFPE tissue material, blood, etc.
- Excellent fundamentals of biochemistry of NGS reagent chemistries, e.g. DNA-seq, RNA-seq, single-cell sequencing, methyl-seq.
- Experience with new instrument and platform development.
- Ability to collaborate in a fast-paced team environment with rapidly changing priorities: pro-active team player who thinks ahead, plans, and suggests solutions.
- You are a continuous learner who embraces a growth mindset.
- Strong leadership and communication skills with the ability to synthesize technical information and present it to specialists and non-specialists.
Nice to Have:
- Experience translating manual workflows into automated methods on microfluidics or other droplet based technologies.
- You have a successful track record working with cross-functional development teams.
- Familiarity with laboratory automation system and enthusiasm for working on evolving prototypes.
- Generous equity, competitive salary and robust healthcare benefits.
- Collaborative and friendly environment with an opportunity to break things, build, learn and invent across many fields. In the process contribute to IP generation of the company.
- Flexible vacation policy