At Rejuvenate Bio, we aspire to treat aging and age-related diseases. We are a spinout from George Church’s lab at Harvard Medical School and the Wyss Institute, and our goal is to treat pets with targeted gene therapies directed at curing specific disease states associated with old age that also have the potential to extend overall health and maximal lifespan.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Rejuvenate Bio is looking for a highly-motivated individual to join our energetic team and accelerate the development of our therapies. The Scientist-Cell Line Engineering position will directly support efforts to drive forward our future commercial offerings. Gene therapy is at a tipping point. We have already seen remarkable strides toward curing untreatable diseases. However, AAV manufacturing technology has lagged and needs to catch up so that everyone can benefit from these breakthroughs. The applicant will be tasked with their own project area and will assist with virus creation and assay development. The role reports to the CTO of Rejuvenate Bio.
Responsibilities will include:
- Setting, completing and updating milestones related to main project.
- Performing cell culture and virus creation and purification
- Genome engineering and creation of cell lines
- High throughput screening of optimized cell lines
- Development of assays, techniques, and procedures related to the above
- Virus titration methods, copy number determination, integration site analysis, and molecular biology techniques, such as qPCR or ddPCR
- Multi-parameter flow cytometry and FACS
- Willingness and ability to share occasional weekend cell culture duties
- Conducting sample analysis (ELISA, western blot, RT-qPCR, etc.)
- Performing standard and advanced cloning techniques
- Creation of libraries
- Executing experiments, independently and in conjunction with a small team in support of research studies
- Following laboratory protocols and safety regulations.
- Performing detailed and accurate documentation of all experiments and laboratory practices.
- Accountable for on-time, high quality results and clearly communicating progress.
Ph.D. in biology, biochemistry, microbiology, biomedical engineering, bioengineering or related field required. Experience engineering cell lines (i.e. CRISPR, sleeping beauty, TALEN, recombinase, Lenti). Experience with scale up manufacturing techniques and mammalian protein production and isolation. At least five years of mammalian cell culture experience (splitting cells, transfection, etc), basic and advanced cloning techniques (restriction enzyme, gibson, golden gate, or gateway) or related experience required. Graduate school counts toward years of experience.
2+ years of postdoc experience preferred. Experience working with AAV. Experience with next gen sequence preparation. Experience with HTS methods. Experience with suspension cell culture and protein production. Experience with library creation and barcoding. Experience with flow cytometry, ELISAs, PCR, and microscopy. Proven ability to draft and implement lab protocols. Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment. Strong work ethic, communication skills and goal-oriented personality.