- Develop new assays and improve existing methods for various analytical chromatography such as RP-HPLC, SEC-HPLC and other modes of chromatography in as needed bases.
- Experienced with basic chromatography troubleshooting concepts and be able to clearly identify hardware and/or software problem to report to service representative prior to placing a service call.
- Lead implementation of high throughput hardware and software into our current workflow and provide protocols and training for more junior team members.
- Assist with implementation of new technologies such as AAA by providing excel sheets for calculation and training user on the technology.
- Develop and validate new methods for quantitation and purity analysis of our growing pipeline of products.
- Lead by example, champion Geltor, and uphold company values
- Ph.D. (5-8 years) or MS (10-12 years) in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or Analytical Chemistry or related fields in industry working with proteins and peptides.
- Expert in HPLC techniques such as RP, IEX, SEC, and Affinity Chromatography.
- Hands on experience developing HPLC method, method validation and method transfer.
- Knowledge of various sample cleanup techniques to enrich biologics, and well as sample cleanup for protein in-Gel or in-solution digestion for peptide sequencing.
- Hands on experience with various CE techniques.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to discuss complex technical concepts with a variety of audiences
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to effectively prioritize and complete high-quality projects amidst tight timelines and competing deadlines; exceptional attention to detail
- A positive, open, and intellectually curious team player who embraces the challenges and excitement of an entrepreneurial business
- This position may require up to 10-20% travel to various CMO locations on as needed bases
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to Geltor’s mission
- Experience in various modern analytical assay disciplines, applicable to protein and/or Biomolecules
- Proficient in the development and optimization of assays, as well as method qualification, method transfer to QC and troubleshooting.
- Proficient with HPLC software such as ChemStation is a plus
- Proficiency with AKTA system and FPLC is a plus
- Proficiency with AAA is a plus
- Knowledge of computer programming is a plus
- Knowledge of automation technologies and robotics to increase through-put of an assay, is a plus
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team, handle multiple projects, demonstrate initiative and accountability, and strong attention to detail.