Inscripta is developing the world’s first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. The company’s advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, reagents, and software, will offer a fully automated workflow that enables multiplexed, trackable editing of cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta’s goal is to empower researchers whose gene editing research is stifled by current technical and licensing limitations. By providing this unique platform and engaging in collaborative business practices, such as making its MAD7 CRISPR nuclease free for research purposes, the company enables researchers to realize a new era of biological discovery. Due to rapid growth Inscripta has an opening for a Senior Research Associate, Mammalian Cell Biology, located in Boulder, CO.
As a Senior Research Associate, in the Mammalian Cell Biology group you will be part of a diverse team focused on advancing Inscripta’s cell engineering platform. The ideal candidate will provide technical knowledge and expertise in the culture and characterization of human primary cells (such as lymphocytes, iPSCs, etc.) and implementation of genome engineering tools. In this role, you will be supporting the development of innovative technologies and processes to bring to market and will be responsible for executing and reporting on experiments from a world class team of Engineers, Biologists, and Computer Scientists.
- Execute, and analyze experiments to advance Inscripta’s mammalian cell engineering program
- Transfection and transduction of human primary cells, including cell line engineering
- Support assay development that allows the genetic, phenotypic, and functional characterization of engineered mammalian iPSCs, primary immune cells, and/or other cell types
- Identify innovative solutions to solve key scientific challenges required for program success
- Enable effective communication and collaboration within a multidisciplinary team to advance program objectives
- Help to implement and maintain human primary cell culture, characterization, and banking standards
- Ensure policies and procedures related to biosafety are adhered to
- Demonstrate integrity, positivity, and a team-oriented attitude and motivate others to do the same
- BS or BA in biology, cell biology, biochemistry, developmental biology, molecular biology, or a related discipline
- 3+ years full time in research setting (industry preferred)
- Specialized expertise in the culture of primary human immune cells, human pluripotent stem cells, keratinocytes, hepatocytes, and/or neurons
- Direct assay development experience to characterize engineered human primary immune cells or human pluripotent stem cells including multicolor flow cytometry, FACS, ddPCR, qPCR, and/or NGS-based
- Direct experience working with genome editing tools in mammalian cells
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within matrixed project teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional data analysis and quantitative skills
- Track record of creativity and problem solving
- Experience with high-throughput workflows and automation
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package and stock options to all team members. Join us and work with a great team of people developing the world’s first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. At Inscripta we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our innovation, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace because the more inclusive we are as a company, the better our work will be. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with offices in Pleasanton and San Diego, CA. This position is located in Boulder, CO.