FREDsense Technologies is hiring! We are a Calgary-based synthetic biology company focused on disrupting the way that water is analyzed. Our work brings synthetic biology advances into the field by combining it with our unique hardware and software platforms. We are currently looking for an enthusiastic Senior R&D Scientist to join our team in either a full-time capacity or as a part-time contractor/consultant, with compensation dependent upon the position and level of experience. We are looking for the following qualifications:
– Must have an M.Sc. or Ph.D. from a life sciences or equivalent program
– Be eligible to work in Canada for a full-time position
– Have at least five years of industrial wet-lab experience and be comfortable working autonomously. Start-up experience is preferred
– Must have prior experience working with whole-cell biosensor systems and significant experience with the design of biosensor systems
– Experience with tuning genetic constructs and high-throughput screening
– Previous experience on designing genetic systems with software tools (e.g., Benchling, Geneious) is essential
– Team player that can work well with our current research team in our facility in NE Calgary
– Must demonstrate our core company values: innovation, determination, flexibility, community, integrity, and growth mindset.
– Must understand and be ready for the challenges faced in a fast-paced start-up environment
– Be a good science communicator; expected to present results often
Come join the excitement of a start-up company! For more information about the company, please check out www.fredsense.com.
The first stage of screening will be conducted by reviewing cover letters, therefore applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Salary commensurate with experience and position (part-time vs full-time).
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract, Permanent
- 8 hour shift
- Master’s Degree (required)
- industrial research: 5 years (preferred)
Apply now: Senior R&D Scientist – Synthetic Biology