Inscripta was founded in 2015 and recently launched the world’s first benchtop Digital Genome Engineering platform. The company is growing aggressively, investing in its leadership, team, and technology with a recent $150mm financing round led by Fidelity and TRowe price. The company’s advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, reagents, and software, offers a fully automated workflow that enables multiplexed, trackable editing of cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta’s mission is to enable scientists to realize the full potential of biology. Due to rapid growth and recent commercialization, Inscripta has an opening for a Senior Process Engineer located in San Diego, CA.
We are looking for a self-driven and talented candidate to join our Process Development and Technology Transfer team. This individual shall provide technical support for manufacturing process development, manufacturing of Inscripta consumables, and new product introduction. Additionally, this person will partner cross-functionally with Manufacturing, R&D, Engineering, and Finance to accomplish company and project goals.
- Assist in development of consumables manufacturing processes and products used in the editing of genes.
- Solve challenging, interdisciplinary technical problems at the interface of biology, chemistry, engineering, and materials science.
- Provide technical sustaining and continuous improvement support to consumables manufacturing to optimize manufacturing processes, quality, cost, and throughput. Drive implementation of process improvements into manufacturing to meet company and project goals.
- Define, source, install, and qualify manufacturing equipment in support of manufacturing process and product volume requirements.
- Work with external suppliers to define raw material and equipment specifications to optimize manufacturing and product performance.
- Define technical and operational process requirements. Translate technical requirements to define and document manufacturing specifications and procedures.
- Design, develop and execute experiments independently to justify technical decisions.
- B.S./M.S./PhD in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Bioengineering, Biotechnical Engineering, or Biology with at least 3 years of relevant experience.
- Work experience in the biotech, life sciences, or biopharmaceutical is desirable.
- Hands-on experience with molecular biology or microbiology techniques is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated abilities in consumables/disposables manufacturing process support and continuous improvement are required.
- Experience with statistics including comparative analyses, process capability, and Statistical Process Control are required.
- Demonstrated ability to solve challenging, interdisciplinary technical challenges is required.
- Strong interdepartmental communication skills are required.
- Intermediate software programming, scripting, and lab automation skills is a plus.
- Experience with manufacturing products in a cleanroom environment is a plus.
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package, 401k match and an attractive equity program to all team members. Base Salary Range: $90,000 – $130,000 per year. Base salary range provided per current averages and expectations. The salary and job title for this opening will be based on the selected candidate’s qualifications and experience and may be outside this range. Join us and work with a cutting edge organization creating cutting edge technology. At Inscripta we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our innovation, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace because the more inclusive we are as a company, the better our work will be. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with offices in Pleasanton and San Diego, CA. This position is located in our San Diego location.