Inscripta is developing the world’s first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. The company’s advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, reagents, and software, will offer a fully automated workflow that enables multiplexed, trackable editing of cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta’s goal is to empower scientists whose gene editing research is stifled by current technical and licensing limitations. By providing this unique platform and engaging in collaborative business practices, such as making its MAD7 CRISPR nuclease free for research purposes, the company enables scientists to realize a new era of biological discovery. Due to rapid growth Inscripta has an opening for a Sr. Process Engineer located in San Diego, CA.
We are looking for a self-driven and talented candidate to join our Process Development and Technology Transfer team. This individual shall provide technical support for manufacturing process development, manufacturing of Inscripta consumables, and new product introduction. Additionally, this person will partner cross-functionally with Manufacturing, R&D, Engineering, and Finance to accomplish company and project goals.
- Assist in development of consumables manufacturing processes and products used in the editing of genes.
- Solve challenging, interdisciplinary technical problems at the interface of biology, chemistry, engineering, and materials science.
- Provide technical sustaining and continuous improvement support to consumables manufacturing to optimize manufacturing processes, quality, cost, and throughput. Drive implementation of process improvements into manufacturing to meet company and project goals.
- Define, source, install, and qualify manufacturing equipment in support of manufacturing process and product volume requirements.
- Work with external suppliers to define raw material and equipment specifications to optimize manufacturing and product performance.
- Define technical and operational process requirements. Translate technical requirements to define and document manufacturing specifications and procedures.
- Design, develop and execute experiments independently to justify technical decisions.
- B.S./M.S./PhD in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Bioengineering, Biotechnical Engineering, or Biology with at least 4 years of relevant experience.
- Work experience in the biotech, life sciences, pharmaceutical or semiconductor industries is desirable.
- Hands-on experience with molecular biology or microbiology techniques is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated abilities in consumables/disposables manufacturing process support and continuous improvement are required.
- Experience with statistics including comparative analyses, process capability, and Statistical Process Control and are required.
- Demonstrated ability to solve challenging, interdisciplinary technical challenges is required.
- Strong interdepartmental communication skills are required.
- Intermediate software programming, scripting, and lab automation skills is a plus.
- Experience with manufacturing products in a cleanroom environment is a plus.
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package and stock options to all team members. Join us and work with a great team of people developing the world’s first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. At Inscripta we don’t just accept difference —we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our innovation, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace because the more inclusive we are as a company, the better our work will be. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with offices in Pleasanton and San Diego, CA. This position is located in our San Diego, CA location.