LifeMine Therapeutics, Inc. is the first biotechnology company exploiting the unique ability of fungi to produce powerful drugs optimized through billions of years of evolution and deploying these molecules for the treatment of intractable human diseases via novel biological mechanisms. The company is using a genome mining and recombinant overexpression approach to mount a massive search for novel drugs through the fungal biosphere. With operations in Cambridge and Gloucester, Massachusetts, LifeMine brings a unique approach to its revolutionary scientific and medical mission.
We are seeking a highly motivated and interactive analytical/purification scientist to join our Natural Products Chemistry Team. The primary role of the position is to extract, analyze, purify, characterize, and determine chemical structures of target compounds from naturally-derived sources in fungi.
- Design, develop and execute proper extraction methods to prepare crude extracts for HTS biophysical and/or MS-based assay screening.
- Identify fungi metabolites of interests via differential MS technology.
- Develop purification methods to isolate target compounds.
- Elucidate chemical structures of natural products by modern spectroscopic techniques.
- Develop proper LC-MS analytical methods to determine the target compound’s titer and concentration in fermentation or other in-process samples.
- Analyze and characterize purified compounds by TLC, LC-MS, NMR, etc.
- Share inventory management responsibilities to ensure vials, cartridges, chemicals, and solvents are in stock.
- Knowledge of clean laboratory practices.
- Accurate and timely documentation of experiments, results recorded in laboratory notebooks.
- Prepare and present experiment results in R&D meetings.
- Ph.D. in organic, analytical chemistry, or closely related field.
- 8+ years of industry experience
- Knowledge and extensive experience in separation chemistry i.e., HIC, IEX, SEC, NP/RP column chromatography, and chiral separation.
- Must have experience in LC-MS analysis and purification via prep-HPLC and flash column chromatography.
- Proven track record in structure elucidation and publication.
- Excellent written, organizational, and documentation skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Communicate progress effectively with colleagues and managers.
- Ability to work in a team and give/receive constructive feedback.
- Strong understanding and familiarity with laboratory methods.
- The successful candidate should be a self-starter, enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic team environment, and be motivated to develop and apply new technologies to advance the projects efficiently.
If you are interested in being considered for this opportunity, please send a copy of your resume to Steve Kang.