Inscripta is developing the world’s first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. The company’s advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, reagents, and software, will offer a fully automated workflow that enables multiplexed, trackable editing of cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta’s goal is to empower scientists whose gene editing research is stifled by current technical and licensing limitations. By providing this unique platform and engaging in collaborative business practices, such as making its MAD7 CRISPR nuclease free for research purposes, the company enables scientists to realize a new era of biological discovery. Due to rapid growth Inscripta has an opening for a Sr. Manager – Supply Chain located in San Diego, CA.
The Sr. Manager will be responsible for the Production Planning and Purchasing functions based out of San Diego. The ideal candidate will have built and maintained planning and purchasing infrastructure, tools, and processes. Additionally, the ideal candidate would be well versed in how to build a department from its very early stages to the appropriate level of maturity to match the organizational needs. This is an exciting opportunity to build the Purchasing and Planning functions, tools, and processes inside a dynamic and growing company.
- General responsibilities involve developing, monitoring, and running the processes/tools around
- Demand and Production Planning
- Supplier / Vendor Management
- Inventory Management
- Vendor selection and evaluation
- Collaborate with Commercial, Finance, Development and Ops team
- Supplier visits, audits, and negotiations
- Additional Operations duties as necessary
- Ideally a bachelor’s degree with over 8 years of experience is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience managing employees is required.
- Desire to work in a team environment and collaborate closely with other cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work with external vendors / suppliers as representative of Inscripta is required.
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced startup environment.
- High attention to detail is required.
- Ability to work full time (40 hours/week). Some overtime may be required.
- Team and customer-oriented approach
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package and stock options to all team members. Join us and work with a great team of people developing the world’s first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. At Inscripta we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our innovation, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace because the more inclusive we are as a company, the better our work will be. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with offices in Pleasanton and San Diego, CA. This position is located in our San Diego, CA office.