Ginkgo is a well-funded, high-growth biotech company in Boston’s Seaport District that is redesigning the living world to solve some of the globe’s growing challenges in health, energy, food, materials, and more. Our mission to “make biology easier to engineer” is poised to disrupt multiple industries by leveraging our unparalleled data, automation, and scale capabilities in biological engineering. We’re on the lookout for smart, innovative, team-oriented individuals to join us on our mission, and to get the world on board for the ride.
We are looking for a dynamic, motivated Senior Manager – Marketing & Analytics. Reporting to our Head of Growth as a member of Ginkgo’s Marketing and broader Commercial Teams, you will help build and leverage commercial analytics to help us make better decisions, create stronger content, and nurture strategies across a broad set of audiences to ensure that we’re continually top-of-mind and relevant. You’ll also amp up our digital presence to extend our reach, and support our Head of Growth on other strategy and marketing-related projects, as needed.
You are an analytical powerhouse with an uncanny ability to cut through large amounts of disparate information and synthesize it into clear, actionable insights and recommendations. You balance this with an excellent eye for creative details and an innate sense of understanding of what will motivate customers to act.
Along with your analytical and strategic capabilities, you’re biased for action, and are willing to jump in, get things done, and test new things out – even when everything hasn’t been figured out yet. You showcase a strong ability to get people on board with your ideas and build relationships that help you accomplish goals. Plus, are digitally savvy and understand how to engage and build a strong rapport with customers across multiple channels. And, most importantly, you see the bigger picture: You’re excited about Ginkgo and eager to help us achieve our mission of making biology easier to engineer.
- Build and leverage commercial analytics to help us make better decisions:
- Analyze and leverage CRM, deal pipeline, and commercial activity data on an ongoing basis to uncover actionable insights that help grow our commercial business and continually optimize our commercial approach.
- Ensure CRM is the primary tool used for customer knowledge capture by serving as the primary relationship manager with our CRM vendor and, in partnership with our Head of Growth, the day-to-day CRM champion across Ginkgo.
- Establish more meaningful, systematic points of ongoing interaction across a broad set of audiences to ensure we’re continually top-of-mind and relevant when fitting partnership opportunities arise:
- Build and deploy an optimized email marketing approach. Work closely with creative team members to create tailored content strategies that would appeal to a variety of prospective and customer target segments on an ongoing basis. Measure impact, learn, and adjust approach as needed.
- Outside of content, recommend and implement additional ideas to help Ginkgo stay top-of-mind and increase relevance with key prospects and customers over longer customer lifecycles.
- Increase Ginkgo’s digital presence to extend our reach, with a test-and-learn mentality:
- Work with creative team members to optimize our website content for commercial audiences, increasing its impact as an educational and lead generation tool.
- Utilize SEO to send more people our way, ensuring that if someone is exploring synthetic biology online, Ginkgo is at the top of their search results.
- Grow our LinkedIn presence by creating and distributing an ongoing calendar of relevant, timely content to peak interest and keep us top-of-mind. Leverage targeted LinkedIn ads and InMail messages to drive interest and engagement with new prospects.
- Proactively manage Ginkgo’s LinkedIn and Twitter communities, engaging with audiences and interacting with industry influencers to increase engagement levels.
- Define, assist with, and implement other marketing, strategy, and/or executional projects, as needed.
Desired Experience and Capabilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field (MBA a plus)
- At least 5 years of analytically driven marketing experience and demonstrated success delivering on the priorities outlined above, OR an MBA with at least 2-3 years at a top-tier consulting firm with marketing as your focus
- Experience in biology, biotech, or science-related fields a plus
- Experience working in a startup environment a plus
- Proven track record of leading CRM, analyzing pipeline data for actionable insights, managing and distributing content, and other facets of digital marketing
- Strong analytical mindset, with an eye for creative details
- High level of self-motivation, agility toward changing priorities, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Extremely comfortable with ambiguity, making and moving forward with recommendations with incomplete information, and “creating from scratch”
- Ability to distill large sets of disparate information and communicate resulting insights and recommendations to relevant stakeholders in a strong presentation or narrative
- Excellent organizational skills, with strong attention to detail
- Impeccable oral and written communication skills
- Strong collaboration and relationship-building ability across a diverse team
- Enthusiasm for being a part of Ginkgo’s mission
We also feel it’s important to point out the obvious here – there’s a serious lack of diversity in our industry and it needs to change. Our goal is to help drive that change. Ginkgo is deeply committed to diversity, equality, and inclusion in all of its practices, especially when it comes to growing our team. We hope to continue to build a company whose culture promotes inclusion and embraces how rewarding it is to work with engineers from all walks of life. Making biology easier to engineer is a tough nut to crack – we can’t afford to leave any talent untapped.
It is the policy of Ginkgo Bioworks to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants.