Inscripta is developing the world’s first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. The company’s advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, reagents, and software, will offer a fully automated workflow that enables multiplexed, trackable editing of cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta’s goal is to empower scientists whose gene editing research is stifled by current technical and licensing limitations. By providing this unique platform and engaging in collaborative business practices, such as making its MAD7 CRISPR nuclease free for research purposes, the company enables scientists to realize a new era of biological discovery. Due to rapid growth Inscripta has an opening or an exceptional candidate to lead an effort on importing and creating content solutions for internal and external use. The position can be located in either our Pleasanton, CA location or our Boulder, CO location.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Instrument Control Software Engineer who will be responsible for the development and enhancement of instrument control and firmware software used to control custom automation systems. The ideal candidate will have experience with creating graphical user interfaces using Windows based tools, implementing software-based device control algorithms and developing firmware for device control/sensing.
- Designing and architecting solutions involved in the control of custom lab automation equipment from the firmware to interface GUI levels of instrument control
- Gathering requirements, developing system state models and implementing software to meet instrument control needs
- Implementing/updating firmware to control motors, pumps, syringes, temperature control units, and other lab automation equipment
- Developing embedded software to enable user interaction with the system using modern GUI design methodologies
- Developing software which will enable product application specialist to create/modify protocols to run customized assays
- Developing software which will enable field service engineers to troubleshoot, repair and test systems
- 10+ years developing software with skills in OOP using C/C++, C# and/or Java in an embedded system architecture.
- Experience with developing/using modern interface GUI and visual components in embedded software and PC controlled systems.
- Experienced in developing/using network services and instrument APIs for exchange of data/logs/systems status.
- Strong math and logic skills.
- Understanding of laboratory processes and workflow systems is a plus.
- Strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers and customers as needed.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or Life Sciences is preferred
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package and stock options to all team members. Join us and work with a great team of people developing the world’s first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with offices in Pleasanton and San Diego, CA. This position can be located in either our Pleasanton, CA location or our Boulder, CO location.