Hyasynth is a Montreal, Canada based biotechnology company that produces natural and engineered products through microbial fermentation.
It was founded in 2014 to satisfy a growing demand for cannabinoids by the pharmaceutical and consumer markets. .
Hyasynth is expanding its research and development team to accelerate production and scaling of its proprietary processes.
If you are interested in working at the cutting edge of synthetic biology and applying and developing skills as part of a dynamic and passionate team, we would love to hear from you! Please submit your resume and application to the website below.
We’re seeking a Senior Fermentation Scientist to join our Process Development team to lead the development of scalable fermentation processes for our growing suite of engineered natural products. The successful candidate will bring into the lab a deep understanding of microbial physiology and biochemical engineering to facilitate the successful development of lab, pilot, and commercial scale fermentations, and will collaborate closely with the strain development, screening, and downstream
development teams to ensure efficient identification and scaling of promising strains from the bench to commercial scale.
- ○ Lead the fermentation process development team
- ○ Lead from within the lab the development and optimization of
scalable fermentation processes.
- ○ Collaborate with strain development and screening teams to map
performance in microtiter plates to that in bench-scale
- ○ Collaborate across functional groups to accelerate the
design-build-test feedback loop and to identify genetic strategies
and targets for further strain and process improvement.
- ○ Collaborate with the process development team to utilize lab and
pilot resources at Hyasynth and partners to accelerate process
development and scale up
- ○ Lead tech transfer of strains and bioprocesses to contract
manufacturers and commercial production facilities
- ○ Effectively document experimental purpose, design, data, and
○ Effectively communicate in both written and verbal formats insights and recommendations to effectively influence at all levels of the organization.
Expected Experience and Capabilities
- ○ PhD or equivalent in biochemical engineering, microbial physiology, or a related discipline with 5+ years of relevant industry experience.
- ○ Expert understanding of the mechanics of stirred bioreactors, their set up, take down, control, monitoring, and troubleshooting.
- ○ Demonstrated success with the timely development and scale-up of a microbial fermentation process for small molecule or enzyme production
- ○ Knowledge of statistical design-of-experiments and process modeling
- ○ Experience with yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae); experience with additional microbial hosts is desired
- ○ Expertise in process scale-down (designing predictive microtiter plate models) is a plus
- ○ Experience with tech transfer of materials and processes to customers and/or contract manufacturing facilities a plus
- ○ Demonstrated ability to manage timelines and priorities
- ○ Ability to work well with a team in a fast paced-environment
○ Experience mentoring junior team members and leading projects
Location: (Downtown) Montreal, QC, H2X1Y4
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Status: Full Time.
Pay rate: Competitive compensation, benefits package and stock options.