The primary function of the Sr. Equipment Engineer is to maintain all production instruments in a fast paced DNA synthesis environment. The Sr. Equipment Engineer will test production instruments for daily, weekly, and monthly quality metrics, maintain documentation of such tests, troubleshoot, perform general, routine and preventative maintenance on all equipment and schedule service calls as needed. The ideal candidate would be self-motivated and perform other production duties as required.
- Assume ownership of performing installation qualification, operational qualification, and performance qualification on new equipment and existing equipment
- Assume ownership of performing routine preventative maintenance and calibration of equipment in accordance with equipment manufacturer specifications
- Assume ownership of maintaining equipment to meet the requirements of ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 Quality Management System
- Maintain and track equipment downtime, failure modes, and spares inventory
- Disassemble, repair, and reassemble equipment according to operating manuals, schematics, blueprints, etc.
- Work closely with process engineers to understand equipment interactions and limitations relative to operating specifications
- BS in Engineering or Sciences field or related technical discipline.
- Experience working under ISO 9001 or ISO 13485 Quality Management System is a plus
- Experience with automated liquid handlers a plus.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in equipment maintenance, calibration, and repair.
- Must be able to work in a clean room environment (lab covering, hairnets, gloves, etc).
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.