Inscripta is developing the world’s first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. The company’s advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, reagents, and software, will offer a fully automated workflow that enables multiplexed, trackable editing of cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta’s goal is to empower scientists whose gene editing research is stifled by current technical and licensing limitations. By providing this unique platform and engaging in collaborative business practices, such as making its MAD7 CRISPR nuclease free for research purposes, the company enables scientists to realize a new era of biological discovery. Due to rapid growth Inscripta has an opening for a Senior Engineer located in Boulder, CO.
The Technology Development team is searching for an exceptional scientist to play a key role enabling researchers around the world to efficiently engineer the genome. A candidate with strong engineering background will become a key contributor to integrated and multidisciplinary teams developing new, and improving existing DNA editing technology platforms. Candidates with a proven track record at the interface between biology and engineering developing and commercialization essential life science tools will be considered. As a successful candidate you will work in a dynamic, team-oriented environment to create exciting technologies that integrate into instruments that empower high-throughput, robust, and automated single-cell genome editing.
- Develop technologies to manipulate cells and macromolecules combining expertise in advance fluidics, single cell sequencing technologies, biochemistry, and mammalian cell biology, contributing to all R&D phases from idea generation and feasibility through systems integration and product launch
- Integrate systems electrically, thermally and fluidically. Solve complicated, interdisciplinary technology integration challenges.
- Develop methods to quantify and characterize performance of fluidic systems, and associated subcomponents.
- Critical parameter management through design, build, test, and learn development cycles.
- Document progress effectively through SOPs, drawings, and specification sheets
- Work with external development partners and contract manufacturers
- Work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment with biologists, chemists, bioinformaticians, and engineers.
- Work under our high standards of experimental rigor.
- Present clear and concise written and oral communications to colleagues and supervisors, lead and/or participate in technical meetings, and provide recommendations based on technical results.
Successful candidates with a PhD and relevant research or equivalent industry experience will have a strong background in several of the following areas:·
- Experience using advanced fluidics, single cell/next gen sequencing, biochemistry, molecular and cell biology to manipulate cells and macromolecules.
- Experience with CAD, injection molding, and advanced fabrication methods
- Strong analytics and programming background
- Strong quantitative, applied mathematics experience, and experience in at least one programming or scripting language such as C#, C++, Java, Matlab, R or Python.
- Materials characterization techniques, such as SEM, TEM, XPS, TOF-SIMS, AFM.
- Experience simulating multi-physics systems to understand complex biological-chemical-device systems.
- Biophysical understanding of the behavior and interaction of DNA, proteins and/or other biological systems.
- Demonstrated experience solving challenging, interdisciplinary research/development problems at the interface of fluidics, biology, chemistry and materials science.
- Demonstrated ability to overcome technical challenges in a fast-paced environment within an interdisciplinary team setting.
- A successful candidate will have an outstanding experimental background, a track record of creativity, a very strong theoretical acumen, first principle mindset and understanding of mechanical design, fluid dynamics, and materials.
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package and stock options to all team members. Join us and work with a great team of people developing the world’s first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. At Inscripta we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our innovation, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace because the more inclusive we are as a company, the better our work will be. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with offices in Pleasanton and San Diego, CA. This role could work out of either Pleasanton, CA or Boulder, CO, however strong preference will be given to candidates who live or are willing to relocate to Colorado.
Job Type: Full-time