Modern Meadow™ is pioneering biologically advanced materials. Modern Meadow™ materials will enable new design and performance possibilities and, by partnering with some of the world’s most cherished and innovative consumer brands, bring new life to the material world.
As we continue to grow, we seek an experienced Bioprocess DSP Engineer who will focus on developing and applying new approaches and technologies to develop biofabricated materials. This individual will report directly to our Director of Bioprocess and mentor/manage a team of Research Associates and Engineers.
- Work within the Bioprocess team to develop, and optimize recovery and purification processes, using a strong background in chemical engineering or separation science to guide efforts
- Independently design experiments, apply new developments and deliver novel procedures, protocols and/or processes
- Communicate results, conclusions and recommendations to colleagues and leadership. Provide broad technical support in separation science to the Bioprocess team
- Acquire and maintain relevant technical and intellectual expertise in separation science and bioprocess engineering
- Supervise the work of research associates and lead efficient teamwork
- 25% Travel required.
- PhD in Chemical or Bioprocess engineering, with a focus on recovery and purification of biologically expressed proteins, with 10+ years of relevant R&D experience
- Extensive hands-on experience in separation science
- Ability to lead the work of research associates, and independently lead research projects
- Exceptional multitasking skills, attention to detail and ability to work independently are required. Goal orientated, driven, motivated, and well organized
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Self-motivated, passionate and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Thrives in a start-up environment.