The Senior Director position will lead projects and scientists related to upstream and downstream process (USP & DSP) of natural products and pharma related products like antibodies. The candidate is expected to have a strong background in personnel leadership of scientific teams. Further requirements are knowledge in microbial fermentation development and scaleup of fermentation processes along with understanding of natural product chemistry or organic chemistry, ideally related to extraction and purification, semi-synthesis, and analytical chemistry projects. The candidate should have strong communication skills to lead USP & DSP R&D teams in Boston, our pilot plants and factories around the world. Strong organizational skills are essential.
- Lead a diverse team of scientists in USP & DSP.
- Independently design, develop and supervise multiple projects in different stages of product development, capable of deploying the latest microbial fermentation and product purification knowledge, with special focus on small molecules and pharmaceutical products like antibodies.
- Execute USP & DSP projects on time and budget.
- Work with cross functional teams to deliver fermentation and purification expertise. Experience in a factory and/or pilot plant setting is a plus.
- Ensure proper GMP/GLP procedures are developed and executed within the teams.
- Analyze, summarize, and present project progresses and experimental results to team members, other departments, and senior management.
- A B. Sc. degree or above in Chemical/Biochemical Engineering or related discipline with relevant industrial experience.
- Strong background in USP and DSP for development of natural products and pharmaceutical products like antibodies.
- At least 5 years of work experience in an industrial setting, 7 years is highly preferred.
- Proven track record of leading scientific teams.
- Proven track record of successful project execution.
- Must be motivated and able to work under limited supervision while also possessing exceptional communication and teamwork skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees’ differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status.