Here at Modern Meadow we are harnessing the power of design, biology, and engineering to produce biofabricated materials. Applying the latest tools of biotechnology, we are creating a new type of materials company. As we continue to grow, we seek an experienced Bioprocess Protein Biochemist who will focus on developing and applying new approaches and technologies to develop biofabricated materials. This role will report directly to the Director of Bioprocess and serve as PI to a team of Research Associates and Engineers.
- Work within the Bioprocess team to develop, and optimize downstream recovery and purification processes, using a strong background in protein biochemistry to guide efforts.
- Work closely with the Analytics team to develop suitable tools and methods for the detection and quantification of important physical, chemical, and process parameters.
- Independently design experiments, apply new developments and deliver novel procedures, protocols and/or processes.
- Communicate results, conclusions and recommendations to colleagues and leadership. Provide broad technical support in protein biochemistry to the Bioprocess team.
- Acquire and maintain relevant technical and intellectual expertise in protein biochemistry, separation science, and bioprocess engineering.
- Supervise the work of research associates and lead efficient teamwork
- 25% Travel required.
- PhD in Biochemistry, Bioprocess Engineering or a similar degree with 5 years of relevant R&D experience. Extensive hands-on experience in protein biochemistry and its application to the recovery and purification of proteins.
- Ability to lead the work of research associates, and independently lead research projects.
- Exceptional multitasking skills, attention to detail and ability to work independently are required. Goal orientated, driven, motivated, and well organized.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Self-motivated, passionate and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Thrives in a start-up environment