Culture Biosciences is looking for a Senior Bioprocess Engineer who is excited to help us grow our bioprocessing team, manage key customer projects, and mentor junior members of the team.
Our customers develop transformative bioproducts and we develop technology that helps them accelerate the manufacturing and scale-up of those products. Our first product offering is a cloud bioreactor facility that allows biotechnology companies to run high-throughput upstream process development experiments in custom 250mL bioreactors. We developed the facility for microbial fermentation and we’re now extending it to mammalian cell culture. Your job will be to manage a small team of bioprocess lab assistants, research associates, and engineers to manage key customer projects.
What you’ll do:
- Manage client fermentation and cell culture projects.
- Onboard new customers by leading technology transfer projects.
- Implement customer processes in our software and automation platform.
- Manage a small team of bioprocess engineers, associates, and technicians.
- Define and implement improvements to our operating procedures and writing new protocols when necessary.
- Identify improvements to our software and bioreactors systems and communicate them to our internal R&D engineers.
- Analyze bioprocess data and communicate findings to clients.
- Plan and execute internal projects and then partner with marketing to write white papers and blog posts.
- Define and implement improvements to our operating procedures and write new protocols when necessary.
- You have 8+ years’ of industry experience working in a fermentation, cell culture, or both.
- You’re excited to be at the forefront of developing new automation, hardware, and software technologies for upstream process development.
- You’ve scaled-up an upstream process from benchtop to pilot or production-scale manufacturing.
- You have experience with project management and feel comfortable leading projects from start to finish.
- You consider yourself detail oriented, organized, and proactive.
- Ideally, you have knowledge of design of experiments and process modeling.
- Ideally, you have experience performing product quality and product quantification for biologics using HPLC.
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in biology, chemical engineering or a related field. A PhD is preferred but not required for the role.
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Medical (PPO), Dental, Vision, and Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Paid time off and 10 days of company holidays, including a winter break
- 12 weeks of parental leave at full salary
- Access to on-site child care facility, subject to availability
- Free onsite breakfast, lunch, snacks, coffee, and gym
- Support for relevant educational opportunities
Note: Culture Biosciences team members are working from home whenever possible as we do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19. As this changes and we can bring more staff back to the premises, this role will be full time on site in our South San Francisco office.
Culture Biosciences provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. We seek to build a company that promotes inclusion and expands the diversity of our industry as a whole. We encourage people with identities underrepresented in biotech to apply.