Ginkgo is a well-funded, high-growth biotech company in Boston’s Seaport District that is redesigning the living world to solve some of the globe’s growing challenges in health, energy, food, materials, and more. Our mission to “make biology easier to engineer” is poised to disrupt multiple industries by leveraging our unparalleled data, automation, and scale capabilities in biological engineering. We’re on the look-out for smart, innovative, team-oriented new team members to join us on our mission and to get the world on board for the ride.
We are looking for a motivated, driven individual to maximize the value of Ginkgo’s government partnerships by driving both execution for existing programs and assisting with proposal preparation for new contracts. Reporting directly to the Director of Commercial Operations – Government, you will work with our Government Team and its customers throughout all aspects of the proposal and contract execution periods. This role will be critical to Ginkgo by ensuring the successful execution of our government contracts and supporting the acquisition of new contracts.
- Work internally with business, R&D, deployment, legal, and finance team members to ensure understanding and execution of Ginkgo’s existing Government contracts, and to support the creation and maturation of key Ginkgo processes to maximize execution efficiency
- Execute strategies to maximize the value of existing contracts by identifying and pursuing opportunities
- Update portfolio and customer dashboards for monthly reviewReview progress against contract budget and schedule to identify, explain, and mitigate any potential impact to program plan
- Assist project leads in the preparation, review, and delivery of internal monthly reports, including staffing and expenditure projections, financial analysis, and risk analysis
- Monitor contract expenditures to ensure that adequate funding is available for contract execution and alert management when requests for additional funding are necessary
- Assist project leads in the preparation, review, and delivery of external monthly reports in accordance with contractual requirements
- Assist project leads in tracking key contract deliverables and parameters, setting contract meeting agendas, and developing contract update presentations
- Develop and maintain relationships with Government Program Managers by facilitating information transfer and resolving business, technical, and contractual issues
- Assist in the preparation of cost proposals in accordance with government solicitations for new business opportunities and change proposals for existing government contracts
- Support contract negotiations by collecting all required documentation to support the cost estimates both at the prime and subcontractor levels
Desired Experience and Capabilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, and/or science
- At least one year of experience proposing, negotiating, and/or executing US Government R&D or procurement contracts (DoD or IC preferred)
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience in consulting, biotechnology, or related fields
- Proficient in financial analyses and data-driven decision-making
- Experience with project management tools such as Smartsheet, Jira, or MS Project
- Ability to learn quickly and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional collaboration and relationship-building skills – with the ability to develop working relationships at all levels of management, both inside and outside of Ginkgo
- Prior experience working in cross-functional teams
- Strong communication (written and oral) and organizational skills
- Project Management Certification (CPM, CPD, PPM, MPM, APM, CPMP, CompTIA, CSM, CAPM, PMP, etc.) a plus
We also feel it’s important to point out the obvious here – there’s a serious lack of diversity in our industry and it needs to change. Our goal is to help drive that change. Ginkgo is deeply committed to diversity, equality, and inclusion in all of its practices, especially when it comes to growing our team. We hope to continue to build a company whose culture promotes inclusion and embraces how rewarding it is to work with engineers from all walks of life. Making biology easier to engineer is a tough nut to crack – we can’t afford to leave any talent untapped.
It is the policy of Ginkgo Bioworks to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants.