Ginkgo is a well-funded, high-growth biotech company in Boston’s Seaport District that is redesigning the living world to solve some of the globe’s growing challenges in health, energy, food, materials, and more. Our mission to “make biology easier to engineer” is poised to disrupt multiple industries by leveraging our unparalleled data, automation, and scale capabilities in biological engineering. We’re on the lookout for smart, innovative, team-oriented individuals to join us on our mission, and to get the world on board for the ride.
We’re looking for a motivated Senior Associate to maximize the value of Ginkgo’s partnerships by driving both the execution for existing programs and strategy development for new markets and customers. You will work closely with our Business Development and Commercial Operations Teams, as well as Ginkgo’s external customers, throughout all aspects of the customer acquisition and contract execution periods.
This role will be critical to Ginkgo’s success by ensuring the execution of our contracts and supporting the acquisition of new business opportunities.
- Understand the needs, commercial drivers, and contracts of existing and potential Ginkgo partners, and develop strategies to maximize the value of Ginkgo partnerships
- Drive market assessment and business case development for new markets
- Manage portfolio and customer dashboards for Ginkgo executives and Board
- Develop and maintain relationships with external partners by facilitating information transfer and proactively resolving business, technical, and contractual issues
- Create key Commercial Operations processes to maximize efficiency, and update as needed
- Coordinate onsite visits with Ginkgo clients and external parties
- Support commercial contracting and business structure negotiations
- Work with key stakeholders to drive commercial deals toward ultimate signing (customer points of contact, C-suite of Ginkgo, C-suite of customer)
- Expand business partnerships by supporting new project development with existing customers
- Work internally with business, R&D, deployment, legal, and finance team members to ensure understanding and execution of partnership objectives
- Track key partnership deliverables, set quarterly partnership meeting agendas, and develop partnership update presentations
Desired Experience and Capabilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, and/or science
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience in consulting, biotechnology, or related fields, preferably with at least one year of partner/client/customer-facing experience
- Proficiency in financial analyses and data-driven decision-making
- Ability to learn quickly and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional collaboration and relationship-building skills – with the ability to develop working relationships at all levels of management, both internally and externally
- Prior experience working in cross-functional teams
- Strong communication and organizational skills
We also feel it’s important to point out the obvious here – there’s a serious lack of diversity in our industry and it needs to change. Our goal is to help drive that change. Ginkgo is deeply committed to diversity, equality, and inclusion in all of its practices, especially when it comes to growing our team. We hope to continue to build a company whose culture promotes inclusion and embraces how rewarding it is to work with engineers from all walks of life. Making biology easier to engineer is a tough nut to crack – we can’t afford to leave any talent untapped.
It is the policy of Ginkgo Bioworks to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants.