Miroculus is looking for motivated, hands-on, Scientist/Sr Scientist – Research who can further expand applications of digital microfluidics beyond NGS (next-gen sequencing) library prep, towards cell engineering and synthetic biology.
Miroculus uses proprietary digital microfluidics technology to automate and miniaturize the most complex genomic protocols such as NGS library prep, synthetic biology, cell editing, and combinatorial chemistry, in a compact, user-friendly system. Our vision is to make the most complex protocols easy and accessible to scientists everywhere.
Miroculus is seeking Sr Scientists with hands-on experience in cell biology, CRISPR and RNA-Seq. The Sr Scientists report to the Director of Research and will manage a team of junior scientists. The candidates will be working to develop new and improved protocols, instrumentation, and assays. The candidates must be able to efficiently design and execute experiments, perform data analysis, and communicate results and observations effectively. The Sr Scientists will work closely with other scientists and engineers within the organization and therefore must have a strong collaborative culture. This role is hands-on and lab-based.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Cell culture, handling and CRISPR gene editing
- Operate robotic instrumentation including liquid handling systems, imaging tools and software, as well as standalone isolated expansion systems.
- Track new techniques and technologies in CRISPR genome editing space
- Generate Quality Documents and Reports as part of project completion.
- Optimize protocols for CRISPR experiments and cell imaging methods
- Apply advanced knowledge of molecular biology to the development of assays on our proprietary microfluidic system
- Present technical data, including issues, risks, and opportunities to cross-functional audiences
- Build a positive work environment based on accountability, collaboration and Communication
- PhD or equivalent experience in Cell biology, Immunology, Bioengineering, Biochemistry.
- Significant experience with mammalian cell culture and clonal cell population generation.
- Broad expertise in mammalian cell culture techniques
- Experience culturing and editing different mammalian cell types, immortalized cells, and primary cells.
- Familiarity with both suspension and adherent cell lines at small scale.
- Strong molecular biology skills including handling and purification of gDNA, PCR design and execution, RNA isolation, and molecular cloning skills.
- Experience with RNA-Seq.
- Experience mentoring and training junior scientists
- Experienced in framing creative ideas, and independent thinking.
- Desire and drive to work in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and presentation
- Automation robotics and high-throughput experience is a plus