- Set-up, design and perform experiments focused on molecular cloning, protein expression, and metabolic engineering
- Improve upon existing expression systems using our current strain engineering approaches and develop new methodologies for protein expression in various microbes
- Collect, analyze and present data to internal stakeholders, cross-functional teams and leadership.
- Manage & mentor junior scientists.
- Lead by example, champion Geltor, and uphold company values; motivate, and inspire team members to do the same.
- PhD in Microbiology, Metabolic Engineering, Molecular Biology, or related engineering or life science discipline with 2+ experience OR Masters degree with 5+ years experience
- Strong understanding of molecular biology and genetics in one or more prokaryotic or eukaryotic hosts
- Able to work independently to troubleshoot experiments and develop new methodologies
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to effectively prioritize and complete high-quality projects amidst tight timelines and competing deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to discuss complex technical concepts with a variety of audiences
- Experience mentoring or managing scientists or research associates
- A positive, open, and intellectually curious team player who embraces the challenges and excitement of an entrepreneurial business
- Prior experience with NGS variant profiling analysis pipelines and data analysis tools are highly desirable.