Inscripta is developing the world’s first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. The company’s advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, reagents, and software, will offer a fully automated workflow that enables multiplexed, trackable editing of cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta’s goal is to empower scientists whose gene editing research is stifled by current technical and licensing limitations. By providing this unique platform and engaging in collaborative business practices, such as making its MAD7 CRISPR nuclease free for research purposes, the company enables scientists to realize a new era of biological discovery. Due to rapid growth Inscripta has an opening for a Cell Biologist, Microbe located at our corporate headquarters in Boulder, Colorado.
Inscripta is seeking a Scientist/Sr. Scientist for their Cell Biology, Microbe team to build and create the next generation of genome editing tools. Candidate seniority, experience, and responsibility will determine the specific title for this position.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing novel assays and capabilities to enable Inscripta’s technology and other Inscripta products. The specific responsibilities include:
- Design, implement, execute and document critical experiments in the context of a broader research and development plan.
- Provide scientific leadership to the technical team that focuses on translating relevant company goals to specific tasks and measurable outcomes.
- Collaborate with the Inscripta research, marketing, and IP teams to ensure delivery of company products (e.g. reagents) that meet market, product, and IP specifications.
- Serve as an example of Inscripta values and culture.
- Candidates will hold at least a Ph.D. in the life sciences, with focus in Synthetic Biology, Genetic Engineering and/or Cell Biology of Microbial systems
- Preferred: Yeast Genetics background with recombination repair pathway expertise (NHEJ + HDR) in the context of CRISPR based gene editing
- Have a minimum of 2 years in the industry or have completed post-doctoral work
- Must been innovative and have a proven track record in cell biology
- A quantitative framework for designing, assessing, and managing research
- Experience with NGS assays, and computational skills preferred
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills