Conagen Inc. is a leader in cutting-edge bio-manufacturing. We engineer organisms to produce high-value molecules that are essential to our well-being. Our focus is on food, nutrition, pharmaceuticals, and renewable materials. We employ the latest synthetic biology tools to design metabolic pathways and produce safe and high-quality products. Science and innovation are the driving forces of our mission. We believe in a green future.
Location: Bedford, MA
Job Type: Full-time
Compensation: Commensurate with skills and experience
Job Description Overview:
We are currently seeking a scientist/scientist associate to support projects related to natural product isolation and structure determination. This position will focus on downstream purification and analysis. The candidate is expected to have a background in natural product chemistry, to be able to conduct extraction and purification, and analytical chemistry. Basic technical, organizational, and communication skills are essential.
- Routinely perform extraction, purification, structure elucidation, and structural characterization
- Experience in chromatography for isolation and purification of natural products and extracts with HPLC (analytical and preparative scale), GC, TLC, and GPC.
- Expertise in analytical method development and validation for Natural Products and Metabolite identification and Quantification by HPLC
- Work with cross functional groups to deliver natural product expertise and analytical science input.
- Routinely track and document results in laboratory notebooks and databases.
- Analyze, summarize, and present experimental results to team leader and other team members.
- A Master’s or bachelor degree in Chemical/Biochemical Engineering or related discipline with relevant industrial experience.
- Basic background in downstream purification and analysis.
- 2 or more years’ work experience in an industrial setting is preferred.
- Familiarity with analytical techniques for intermediates and final product detection such as spectrophotometers, HPLC, and GC.
- Must be motivated and able to work under limited supervision while also possessing exceptional communication and teamwork skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees’ differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status.
How to apply:
Commensurate with experience.
This position is not eligible for any type of visa sponsorship.
Cover letters and resumes will be accepted ONLY via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via Indeed.com.
Please do not contact the Company by phone until notified.