Codexis is currently searching for Scientist with expertise in Molecular Biology and Protein Engineering. Successful candidates will be part of an interdisciplinary, dynamic and enthusiastic protein engineering team responsible for implementing Codexis’ core technologies to deliver performance enzymes for industrial applications.
Codexis, Inc. (Nasdaq: CDXS) is a protein engineering industry leader with successful track record of developing novel enzymes used as biocatalysts for the commercial production of small molecule pharmaceuticals, diagnostic tools, chemicals used in the food industry, as well as multiple other applications. Codexis has also applied its CodeEvolver technology platform to discover and develop novel biotherapeutics for the treatment of rare genetic disorders, among other indications with significant unmet medical need.
- Design and construction of gene libraries and expression vectors.
- Design and construction of fusion constructs.
- Characterization of gene variants.
- DNA isolation.
- Analysis and interpretation of DNA sequencing data. Analysis and interpretation of sequence-function relationship, interpretation of contribution of mutations to desired properties of gene variants.
- Cloning of genes and genetic pathways.
- Optimization of recombinant protein expression in multiple expression hosts.
- Perform and troubleshoot experiments involving use of PCR, cloning, transformation, and recombinant gene expression in HTP format.
- Provide technical guidance for protein engineering projects.
- Train, support, and, if required, supervise junior team members.
- Work independently and with project teams to provide support and assistance to all phases of directed evolution projects, contribute to team presentations and written reports.
- Maintain a safe and efficient work place, follow safe lab practices and organize lab environment.
Required/Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- PhD in Molecular Biology or related field; or M.Sc. with 5+ years of experience in industry.
- Experience with designing constructs for protein expression in multiple expression hosts.
- Experience with directed evolution desired.
- Experience with DNA manipulation, library design and generation, protein expression and multiple expression hosts.
- Ability to independently develop, validate and troubleshoot protocols.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and multi-task.
- Ability to provide technical leadership and guidance to project teams.
- Ability to think critically, work both independently and within cross-disciplinary project teams.
- Must be motivated and able to work under tight timelines, flexible, able to work and communicate well within project teams.
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written, presentation skills and interpersonal skills.
The position comes with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including paid company holidays, paid time off, health benefits, 401k match, and much more. For more information about our plans for the future, and to be considered for this career opportunity, please visit www.codexis.com.