Inscripta is developing the world’s first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. The company’s advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, reagents, and software, will offer a fully automated workflow that enables multiplexed, trackable editing of cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta’s goal is to empower scientists whose gene editing research is stifled by current technical and licensing limitations. By providing this unique platform and engaging in collaborative business practices, such as making its MAD7 CRISPR nuclease free for research purposes, the company enables scientists to realize a new era of biological discovery. Due to rapid growth Inscripta has an opening for a Scientist position located in Pleasanton, CA.
As a Scientist in the Mammalian Cell Biology Group at Inscripta, you will be part of a diverse team of cell and molecular biologists focused on advancing the development of the company’s cell engineering platform. The ideal candidate will provide deep technical knowledge and expertise in the culture and characterization of human primary cells (such as lymphocytes, iPSCs, etc.), high-throughput workflows, and implementation of genome engineering tools. In this role, you will be a leader in bringing new and innovative technologies and processes to market and will be responsible for planning, executing and reporting on experiments from a multidisciplinary team. This is a full-time position located at our office in Pleasanton, CA.
- Design, execute, and analyze experiments to advance Inscripta’s mammalian cell engineering program.
- Employ expertise in CRISPR based editing or associated cellular DNA repair mechanisms to design, test, and improved editing mechanisms and approaches to improve editing efficiencies
- Develop and optimize protocols for high-throughput engineering of primary human cell types
- Build assays that allow the genetic, phenotypic, and functional characterization of engineered mammalian iPSCs, primary immune cells, and/or other cell types
- Create high-throughput infrastructure to accelerate our development of engineered cell functions
- Drive effective communication and collaboration within a multidisciplinary team to advance program objectives
- Implement and maintain human primary cell culture, characterization, and banking standards
- Identify innovative solutions to solve key scientific challenges required for program success
- Establish and maintain policies and procedures related to biosafety
- Demonstrate integrity, positivity, and a team-oriented attitude and motivate others to do the same
- Ph.D in cell biology, immunology, biochemistry, developmental biology, molecular biology, or a related discipline.
- 4+ years in a post-doctoral, biotech or industry position with experience developing technology platforms
- Specialized expertise in the derivation, culture and characterization of primary human immune cells, human pluripotent stem cells, keratinocytes, hepatocytes, and/or neurons
- Direct experience working with genome editing tools in mammalian cells
- Experience developing assays to characterize human primary immune cells or human pluripotent stem cells including multicolor flow cytometry and qPCR
- Deep understanding of genome integrity and mechanisms that promote mammalian genome stability
- Experience with single cell genomic, transcriptomic, and proteomic analyses
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within matrixed project teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with high-throughput workflows is desired
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package and stock options to all team members. Join us and work with a great team of people developing the world’s first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with offices in Pleasanton and San Diego, CA. This position is located in our Pleasanton, CA location.