Inscripta is developing the world’s first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. The company’s advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, reagents, and software, will offer a fully automated workflow that enables multiplexed, trackable editing of cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta’s goal is to empower researchers whose gene editing research is stifled by current technical and licensing limitations. By providing this unique platform and engaging in collaborative business practices, such as making its MAD7 CRISPR nuclease free for research purposes, the company enables researchers to realize a new era of biological discovery. Due to rapid growth Inscripta has an opening for a Scientist, Cell Biology, located in Boulder, CO.
As a Scientist, in the Cell Biology group you will be part of a diverse team discovering and building the biological reagents for genome engineering at the heart of Inscripta’s Digital Genome Engineering platforms. In this position, you will have the opportunity to build transformative editing technologies and work with a world class team of Engineers, Biologists, and Computer Scientists. The nature of role is likely to change and expand as Inscripta grows.
- Engineer bacteria and yeast strains
- Innovation of new genome engineering workflows on the digital genome platform
- Develop, test, and optimize assays and product workflows
- Collaborate closely with the team members and other cross-functional groups
- Analyze and present experimental data
- Support laboratory operations at the Boulder facility
- Ph.D in cell biology, biological engineering, or related fields
- Experience in handling microbial cells (E. coli, S. cerevisiae etc)
- Experience in molecular biology and genome editing techniques
- Ability to work collaboratively on cross-functional teams
- Exceptional data analysis and quantitative skills
- Track record of creativity and problem solving leading to successful products
- Systems biology
- Genome engineering
- NGS experience
- Working with automation
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package and stock options to all team members. Join us and work with a great team of people developing the world’s first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. At Inscripta we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our innovation, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace because the more inclusive we are as a company, the better our work will be. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with offices in Pleasanton and San Diego, CA. This position is located in Boulder, CO.