Aanika Biosciences is developing a biologically engineered track-and-trace system for securing food supply chains. Our barcoded microbial spores are able to withstand harsh environmental conditions and are compatible with first-mile tracking of agricultural products. Aanika Biosciences is growing and has an immediate opening for a Scientist II at its laboratory facility in Brooklyn NY.
As a Scientist II in the Molecular Biology group at Aanika, you will be part of a small but diverse team of molecular biologists and microbiologists responsible for discovering and improving nucleic acid-based assays and supporting the development of expanded functionality for Aanika’s biologically based tagging system. The ideal candidate will have experience in developing molecular assays in an industrial setting.
- Develop novel molecular analysis methods for Aanika’s biologically-based tags
- Devise screening strategies for targeted peptide libraries
- Participate in development of patent applications
- May act as primary technical contact with customers
- Work closely with other team members and provide mentorship for research associates and interns
- Ph.D. in Molecular or Synthetic Biology or related discipline with a minimum of 2-5 years industry experience or an M.S. degree with 8-10 years industry experience
- Experience developing molecular assays
- Extensive familiarity with molecular biology tools including cloning, DNA purification and sequencing
- Experience with Bacillus subtilis preferred
- Experience with laboratory automation is desirable but not a requirement
- Knowledge of Python desirable but not a requirement
- Team-oriented and collaborative work style
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced startup environment
Aanika Biosciences is an equal opportunity workplace. We offer a competitive salary and exciting work environment in the heart of New York’s growing synthetic biology community. We are located in the exciting Industry City complex in Brooklyn where we provide a safe environment for employees with mandated Covid prevention policies. Join us and work with a great team of people to help secure the world’s food supply.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to the email below.